Progress on Texas Men, Novella #1 complete!
I finished up the rough draft of Novella #1 on Saturday, made my trip to Dallas and back yesterday. Now, I’m ready to take a break from the single author anthology and hit my contribution to the multi-author “Cowboy” antho. I have to finish it by the end of the month.
I have the next two weeks scoped out with a really complicated To Do list. Can’t let all my other obligations fall by the wayside while I throw myself into the next projects. But I have to tell you, the busier I get with writing, the more external obligations pop up. The four-year-old is back and I babysit a lot. Wouldn’t change that for the world, though. She lived with me, along with her parents, for the first three years of her life, and I’m not bragging when I say I’m her favorite person on the planet, next to her dog.
So what does today look like?
1) Write 10 pages only finished 4! :blush:
2) Blog on my website done!
3) Transpose recorded notes from my trip done!
4) Clean the pool done!
5) Prep promo materials for mailings and give to assistant to mail done!
6) Transpose notes from Art Guild meeting done!
7) Check in with DSRA members about their progress on stories for compilation done!
Wrap up AT3 idea with Allure authors note sent!
9) Send Romance Sells payment for AT2 promo done!
10) Arrange Romance Sells ad for Down in Texas and pay done!
11) Verify hotel arrangements for Lora Leigh’s RAW 2008 done!
12) Contact rider to RAW to finalize arrangements note sent!
13) Research: rock-climbing methods and equipment, Comanches in Texas,
Palo Duro Canyon for Cowboy anthology
14) Gather messages and devise plan for Art Guild growth
Sound like enough on my plate? I’ll let you know how I do. I’m already getting a late start on the day because of the little one, but I have my coffee ready and I’m getting my butt in gear!