With one book down and another to start, I’ve been straightening my desk, setting up new folders, and clearing my mind. I have an idea for the next project; a starting point. By Tuesday, I intend to have the first chapter thrown down, and then I’ll stand back and see what I think of the course I’m charting.
In the meantime, I’ve finally had time to do those “New Year” things that I couldn’t while I was still deep in DR4. I decided rather than resolutions, I’d call mine promises. And they are ones I intend to keep.
Promises to Myself
* Every story I write will be my best effort and something I can take pride in
* Every story I write will be fresh, inventive, and reflective of my natural voice
* Every story I submit will display the hallmarks of a professional: clean, well-conceived and presented
* Every story I see released will be promoted to the best of my ability
* I will diversify my writing: fiction-nonfiction; erotica-erotic romance-romance
* I will continue to improve my skills and seek criticism
* I will start every day reflecting on my priorities and stepping out according to plan
* I will end each day reflecting on my progress and preparing my desk for the next day’s work
* I will give back to the writing community
* I will be responsive, professional, and well-intentioned in all my correspondence and communications
There. I committed to them all in public, so spank me if you ever see me backslide.