According to my own New Year’s tradition, I spent New Year’s Eve productively. I believe in heralding in the New Year in the same way you wish the rest of the year to go. So I wrapped up the second chapter of Bad Moon Rising (the link should be up sometime later today) and a short story for a Cleis Press anthology. Then I returned to FWD&J, revised my way through chapter 6 and wrote a rough of the final chapter. A very good day for me!
I like to take the first day of the year to review what I accomplished in the previous year and state my plans for this year.
In 2009, I enjoyed seeing 19 new releases.
1) Jane’s Wild Weekend (Ellora’s Cave)
2) Obsessed (Zane)
3) Saddled (Samhain)
4) Unleashing the Tiger (Ellora’s Cave)
5) Lockdown (Ellora’s Cave)
6) Hotblooded, in Tempted by a Cowboy (Kensington)
7) Stone’s Embrace (Samhain)
Knight of My Dreams (Ellora’s Cave)
9) Unbridled (Samhain)
10) Raw Silk (Ellora’s Cave)
1) Invite Me In, in Naughty Bits (Harlequin Spice)
2) Frannie ‘n’ the Private Dick (Ellora’s Cave)
3) Unleashing the Tiger, in Altered States (Ellora’s Cave)
4) Ride a Cowboy, in To Serve and Protest (Pocket/Ellora’s Cave)
Pretty darned impressive, I think. If I stick to my plan for this year, 2010 will look very much the same. This is what I have release dates for now but doesn’t include novellas I have in the works for Samhain and Ellora’s Cave.
1) 01/12/10 – LONE STAR LOVERS: UNFORGIVEN (Samhain)
2) 04/??/10 – MISS ADDIE’S GARDEN, New Love Stories Magazine
3) 05/01/10 – STONE’S EMBRACE, Captive Souls anthology (Samhain)
4) 06/01/10 – THE OUT-OF-TOWNER, Girl Crush anthology (Cleis Press)
5) ??/10 – THE WEEKEND, Lesbian Lust anthology (Cleis Press)
6) 07/01/10 – THE OBEDIENT WIFE, Fairy Tale Lust anthology (Cleis Press)
7) 10/1/10 – COWBOY FEVER anthology (Samhain)
11/01/10 – DARKNESS CAPTURED (Avon Red)
The big push this year, besides the many novellas I will write for epublishers, will be to sell another proposal to a New York house. Cross your fingers. I have two strong proposals already making the rounds and am working on several more to get out the door in the coming months.
And that’s my look into the past and forward.
I do have some resolutions. Three are promises I will make to my readers. You’ve been so loyal to me; I have to make sure I return the favor.
* I plan to offer free chapters or stories in my newsletter at least every two months.
* I will blog every day, come rain or shine, and will do my very best to please you with the content.
* I will continue to write the sexy stories you love. And I will try, try, try to keep them romantic, although if you read me, you know I tend to add some gritty realism in my stories, because so much of what I write is what I’ve experienced, either vicariously through my friends and family or directly. I tend to write what I know, even if the hero is a vampire.
Sound fair? What are your resolutions?