Reminder: Two Contests ongoing!
1) Give me ideas for the next chapter of Bad Moon Rising. Post an idea, you’re entered. See details here.
2) I’m looking for reviews for Breaking Leather. If you post one on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or the MBaM sites, and send me the link, you’re entered! Prize: $25.00 Amazon or B&N gift certificate.
This wasn’t a terribly productive week. I experienced burn-out after a month of NaNo and rushing toward the end of three deadlines.
* I finished the Berkley Viking book on Monday and shipped it.
* I finished reading through all the Girls Who Bite submissions, edited those I wanted, and arranged them in the order I thought they worked best, then shipped the manuscript to Cleis on Tuesday.
* The last deadline, I stalled on. I am almost to the end of chapter 5, but I’m so tired my mind’s been muzzy.
I took yesterday completely off. Watched a movie (Splice), took a sleeping pill and was out for nearly 9 hours. I’m still stalled, and this next week looks to be very, very hard for me sleep-wise, because I’ll be doing a lot of babysitting for my night-shift daughter. There are reasons people should have babies when nature intended—when they are young! Who has the energy for them otherwise?
Anyway, wish me luck. I have to finish TW this week because I committed to writing two short novellas this month. No rest for the wicked, it seems.