Just a couple of reminders before I report. You’re welcome to grade me!
Lone Heart releases Tuesday! Here’s what it’s all about:
When temptation catches fire, saddle up and hang on for the ride.
Lone Wyatt is a long way from his Colorado home. After his brother married the woman they both loved, he figured it’d be best if he was out of the way. He’d like to have his own one-and-only, but he’s in no rush. Until he saunters into a small Oklahoma town and spots Charli Kudrow. One wary glance from her haunted eyes, and he knows there’s hidden fire inside her just waiting to erupt. And he’s ready to tear through every objection she can think up.
Charli intends to slip out of Shooters unnoticed as soon as she’s done pinning a help wanted notice to the bulletin board. But there’s a cowboy at the bar with a killer smile who seems hell-bent on seducing her. And she feels something she hasn’t felt in five long years of widowhood—a spark of attraction. Thinking she’ll never see him again, she succumbs to temptation, only to discover that little “spark” is more like a raging wildfire.
One weekend is all he asks. One weekend to prove there’s more between them than just blazing hot sex…
Warning: Sometimes, love happens in an instant, but it takes a lot of sexin’ up to make one stubborn woman a believer.
Three Signed Books Contest
Remember it? Well, it ends Tuesday! If you want to know more, click on my contest link: Contest
All you have to do to enter is post a comment sometime between now and January 31st! And the more days you drop by and say hello, the more entries you have!
My Report Card
Enough dawdling now. I do have news to report!
1) I finished up a short story, entitled “Marmalade.” It’s about a married woman whose husband gives her the okay to have some fun with the boss’s wife. Very delicious!
2) I wrote my way through chapter four of the dragon story. I have only a few pages left to wrap it up, but first want to spend some time revising to make sure I close all the dangling threads. That one’s heading straight to Kindle, so you won’t have to wait long!
3) I recieved and read through my first two submissions for the anthology project, Wild at Heart! All you writers out there, be sure to check out the details. Stories must be submitted by April 1st! Find details here
4) We started another round of critiques with the Rose’s Colored Glasses critique group. I have to finish mine today. Why, oh why, do I always wait until the last minute?
5) I continued leading, along with my sister, the Rose’s Plotting Bootcamp.
This week, I plan to:
1) Finish the final read-thru/revision of “Marmalade” and ship it the editor;
2) Revise and complete the dragon story and ship it to the editor;
3) Begin the sequel to Bitten in the Big Easy;
4) And lastly, write another short story for another collection—this one with a paranormal bent.
I hope to do all that with two children underfoot while their mother takes a trip. Eeek! I may be a little overambitious.