I’m actually writing this posting late Saturday night. It’s about 11 o’clock and I’m just getting home from my day on Lake Ouachita. Had a blast and I’m completely drained. I have some funny anecdotes to pass along, but I’m just too tired to do it now.
In the morning, I’ll be heading into Little Rock to the tattoo expo. My daughter and I are crossing off one of our bucket list To Do’s—getting tattoos together. Nothing big or ambitious. She’s going for an Irish Claddagh on the inside of her wrist. I want a “bracelet”. I’ll be sure to take pictures.
Let me give you a real quick recap of my week, and then I’m off to bed. Oh, just writing that makes me feel a little anxious. So I know I’m about wiped out.
I didn’t get everything done that I wanted to, but I still accomplished quite a lot.
* I completed a short story and shipped it to the editor of that collection. I’m not completely happy with the story and won’t be heartbroken if it doesn’t make the cut. I didn’t have time to let it age a bit so that I could take a second look and figure out what was missing. And I really do think something was missing. But that’s okay too. I like taking breaks from the big stuff to write something short and fast. Just to cleanse the palate.
* I finished through chapter four of a short novella for Ellora’s Cave. I really wanted to wrap it up in 12,000 words, but I’m over 13,000 now, and think I might have to add quite a bit more to get to the end of the story. Sometimes, characters don’t cooperate! You won’t mind, I’m sure. It’s a werewolf story and related to the My Immortal Knight stories through the Dark Mountain werewolves in MIK-6.
* I finished the revisions for the first Viking book, Ravished by a Viking, and sent the manuscript back to my editor.
* I received Pleasing Sir back from the editor I hired to catch all my errors and logic problems, made a final pass through it and shipped it to the guy who’s doing the formatting for Kindle. He’ll have it back to me early August.
* I wrote the synopsis for a new novella for Samhain. Another cowboy story. My editor gave it the green light.
* I quick-plotted another short story and started work on the opening scene.
* And lastly, I’ve been critiquing query letters all week for the FFnP class my sister and I are teaching.
So, yeah, I didn’t get to everything this week, but I haven’t exactly been a slacker.
This week, I have to finish the werewolf story, get deeper into the short story, and get back to the second Viking story. Come Monday, it’s time to get serious about making major pages!
Tomorrow, I’ll have pics and tall tales to share!