One down, Two to go
Tuesday, November 30th, 2010

NaNo Day 29:
Viking-2—3185 words
TW—0 words 😥

Today’s the last day you’ll see that annoying little note at the top of the post. The one where I brag or whine about my page count for the previous day. I’m finished with NaNo for 2010—which means, I finished the book. The Viking one, that is.

I wrapped it up early yesterday afternoon after spending a week polishing the pages I had. I only had the last chapter to write after I finished the edits. Sixteen frigging pages today for a total of 406 pages of sexy goodness. And since I was thoroughly sick of it by the time I wrote “The End”—I shipped it to my Berkley editor. Hopefully, by the time she sends it back for her rounds of editing, I’ll recover my enthusiasm.

That doesn’t mean I get to rest. I still have two more deadlined books to complete this week. Last evening, I threw myself straight back into edit mode, but on the Girls Who Bite book. Someone else’s words—a lot of someone elses. I should wrap that one up tonight, and again, I’ll ship it to my Cleis editor. Oh yeah, I have to write the foreword for the book.

I think I better brew a cup of coffee because it’s going to be a long day. Oh! And how cool is this? Last night, Breaking Leather was #1 on MBaM, and Four Sworn made a return appearance at #8! Woohoo!

16 comments to “One down, Two to go”

1. Wesley Nichols
      · November 30th, 2010 at 10:11 am · Link

congradulations on finishing your second viking novel Delilah. I hope after you finish TW and GWB, you are able to take time off to enjoy Christmas 😉

I will try to contact you in Beijing, but might not be able to contact you right away as I won’t have as easy access to the internet as I did in Dalian and will be focused on working and adjusting to my life in Beijing 😀 My first month of teaching is a trial period where the school decides what they think of me and I will try to make a good impression.

I hope to be able to contact a few of the friends I made at Dalian University and get more chances to practive my Chinese.

I hope to be able to speak with you in january.

2. Valerie
      · November 30th, 2010 at 10:36 am · Link

Yay!!!! Good for you!!! Do take a bit of time out sometime for some ‘you’ time.

in Germany

3. Diane Sadler
      · November 30th, 2010 at 10:47 am · Link

Congratulations Delilah!

4. Lisa J
      · November 30th, 2010 at 3:59 pm · Link

Congrats on #1 and #8.

Texas Men is sitting on my reader (couldn’t wait for payday).

5. Susan
      · November 30th, 2010 at 6:26 pm · Link

Way to go Delilah! You are amazing!

6. sue brandes
      · November 30th, 2010 at 7:19 pm · Link

Congrats Delilah. You go girl! :mrgreen:

· November 30th, 2010 at 8:01 pm · Link

Thanks, everyone. It’s a relief to have something off my desk. It’s been a long, long month!

8. Brandy W
      · November 30th, 2010 at 8:20 pm · Link

Congrats on the NaNo finish. I’m sure getting Viking 2 done was a relief.

Your little status bars are filling up. Just about time for new ones.

· November 30th, 2010 at 8:27 pm · Link

Brandy! It’s so sad. I don’t get to bask for even a day in all that purple. Sadly, TW won’t be at 100%, so will fall into December’s count now. Just have to figure out now what I want to work on next.

Any suggestions?

10. Wesley Nichols
      · November 30th, 2010 at 10:06 pm · Link

Have you thought of working on your medieval fantasy story?

11. Brandy W
      · December 1st, 2010 at 10:09 am · Link

At first I was thinking more cowboys because I’m addicted. But another shifter is sounding good too. Maybe lesbian shifters. Medieval shifters. Viking shifters (I’m watching Viking Warriors on NatGet).

12. Delilah Devlin
      · December 1st, 2010 at 6:44 pm · Link

Brandy! I think I’m done with Vikings for a short while! 😀 But Medieval AND shapeshifter. Hmmm… Now I just need a title for a starting point….

13. Delilah Devlin
      · December 1st, 2010 at 6:45 pm · Link

Wesley! I have thought about going back to it. But it’s another long tale and I need a break. Maybe by February or March.

14. Brandy W
      · December 1st, 2010 at 7:58 pm · Link

I tried thinking of titles but my brain is stuck wondering what kind of shifter; gryphon, dragon, wolf, lion. Some unknown creature I can’t think of.

I only came up with words to work off of:
    Sentinel, Warden, Feudal, Fiend, Savage, Hellion, Bestial, Earthly, Knights, Archaic

Archaic Warden: Gryphon
    Feudal Knights
    Earthly Savages

15. Delilah Devlin
      · December 1st, 2010 at 8:03 pm · Link

Brandy! You’re very good at this!! Something about Archaic Warden, maybe another form of Archaic would work really well. And since I love gryphons, hmmm…

Mind spinning, although I really need to be finishing up the TW story!

16. Brandy W
      · December 1st, 2010 at 9:32 pm · Link

I know you like to have a few options to work on. I’m sure this will slide right in there. lol

Let’s see for other names for Archaic:

Ancient Warden