A burning question…
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008

Because I’m buried in familial duties at the moment, I’ve been a slacker. My daughter has problems with her pregnancy and may deliver sooner than we all thought. The four-year-old had her tonsils and adenoids removed yesterday and is making sure that everyone feels as miserable as she does.

So, I’m leaving you with a question to answer. I’ll tell you my answer tomorrow. Bet you can guess what kinds of questions I get. :mrgreen:

When people find out what you do for a living, what is the most typical question that they are likely to ask you regarding your job?

10 comments to “A burning question…”

1. Deidre
      · December 16th, 2008 at 6:25 pm · Link

Ooh, a sexy librarian. Do you wear your hair in a bun and wear cute glasses and pencil skirts? LOL

2. Brandy W
      · December 17th, 2008 at 6:02 pm · Link

Nothing. 🙁 I stay at home right now with my youngest. I usually hear “Oh I did that too until mine started school.”

3. Karin
      · December 17th, 2008 at 7:55 pm · Link

When people find out I work in Financial Aid, their first question is usually a joking ‘Can you get me free money?’ followed by a more serious ‘Can you help me with my loans?’

4. Delilah Devlin
      · December 17th, 2008 at 9:31 pm · Link

Love that name. One of my SILs is a Deirdre. Sexy librarian, huh? *snicker* So do you wear glasses and wear your hair in a bun?

Wait until the kids are old enough to bring home their teenage friends. I was the cool MILF.

Can you help me with my loan?

You were all wonderfully game. Of course, I get “the look” and then sly questions about where I learned so much about sex, and did you actually ever try that position on page 76?

5. Tinab
      · December 18th, 2008 at 2:51 am · Link

I am a full time crochet designer. Most people think that means I am 80 years old and a grandmother when they see i am in my 30;s they are like shocked I would try to do that for a living…

6. Delilah Devlin
      · December 18th, 2008 at 7:50 am · Link

What a fun thing to do! Committing to something creative is such a leap of faith but tremendously rewarding.

7. Lisa J
      · December 22nd, 2008 at 9:49 am · Link

When people find out I am an executive assistant, their eyes glaze over and I hear comments like, “Isn’t that boring?”, “Do you need an education to do that?”.

the answer to both is “YES, now go away.”

· December 22nd, 2008 at 10:22 am · Link

WTG, girlfriend!

9. Fedora
      · December 22nd, 2008 at 3:17 pm · Link

Right now I’ve the luxury of staying home with the kids, so I get either, “Wow, what do you do with all your free time?” or “Wow, lucky you!” 😉

10. Trish E
      · December 25th, 2008 at 8:04 am · Link

😮 You answer 911 calls? Cool! What’s the strangest call you’ve ever gotten. Believe me, I’ve gotten some doozies in the past 15 years.