Just a note. I’ll be playing host later today at the Ellora’s Cave chat loop, along with Shayla Kersten. Join us if you can. We’ll run from 4-8 PM CST!
Since we rarely get snow here, I traipsed outside yesterday with my camera. Here’s a view of the pond in the backyard. It’s cold outside, but pretty enough I don’t care. Besides, I have no intentions of spending anymore time out there than it takes to turn on the pool pump! I’ll take my Vitamin D in a pill, thank you very much!
Today’s Sunday, but it’s also the last day of the month. And what a month January was!
* On the 1st, I finished revising and shipped Fun With Dick and Jayne to Ellora’s Cave, which has been accepted, edited and is waiting for a cover and a release date now.
* On the 6th, I wrapped up a short story for Samhain’s Valentine freebies. Love in Bloom is set to release on February 7th, and here’s the cover!
When Amanda meets her old high-school crush, he doesn’t remember her. A bouquet of flowers and a lost towel spark an affair neither one will forget.
* On the 7th, I got “The Call” from my agent, telling me that a futuristic proprosal we’d sent to Berkley sold! I wallowed in the moment for a week before I got serious about clearing off my desk so I could get to work.
* I finished doubling the word count on a novella for Ellora’s Cave and shipped First Knight on the 25th.
* I finished a short story for the Mammoth Book of Hot Romance and shipped it on the 27th. Cross your fingers it makes the cut!
* I shipped Textile Free, an erotic short story, to Xcite.
* Lastly, I’m going to hit page 100 on the Berkley book today.
So, a very productive first month of the year!
February will be every bit as busy. It’s crunch time for the Berkley book. I want to hit page 300 by the end of the month. I have a proposal for Blaze that needs some work. I have to change the setting, which changes quite a few elements of the story. I want to write a short story for Cleis’s Passionate: Romantic Erotica collection. I’d like to get halfway through the next story in the Lone Star Lovers series, and I have chapter three of Bad Moon Rising to write! So if you don’t see progress in my colored bars to the right, nag me. I have to work hard this month.
Here’s one last picture from my back yard that I’ll share. This huge, 200-year-old oak in my back yard is gorgeous in the warm months, but a little creepy without its leaves. Y’all have a great week!