So much happened this last week! My life is completely nuts. Let’s see if I can break it down for you…
Wild at Heart
First, for all you writers out there, the deadline for submitting your stories for inclusion in the Wild at Heart anthology, which will directly benefit the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge is APRIL 1st! Please get your stories in. They are short—just 1500 to 4000 words, and who doesn’t have an idea for one? You’ve been to a zoo, right? You’ve watched National Geographic. You don’t have to be an animal expert to be able to write about some exotic animal in need of refuge. There’s still time. Read more about it here: Wild at Heart
About Three Stories
Three developments, book-wise, happened this week.
1) All Hallows Heartbreaker, the second story I ever published, is being offered for free! But this deal doesn’t last forever! For more information, follow this link: Free Story
2) The eighth book in the My Immortal Knight series, My Sweet Succubus, is out! It’s Moses Brown’s story, and I know there are those of you out there who have been waiting for him to have his happy ever after. Well, he gets it all right. Just not sayin’ where. 🙂 If you’d like to read more, click on the cover.
3) And most exciting for me, personally, is that I have a brand new contract to edit another anthology collection for Cleis Press! One more to follow Girls Who Bite (out last September), She Shifters (coming in July 2012) and Cowboy Lust (out in August 2012). It’s strange how much of a thrill this gives me. I should only want to write my own stories, right? But it’s so much fun. I get to read great stories, “meet” established authors, and nurture new authors. It’s work, sure, but it’s also very, very satisfiying. And something different to do. I like mixing it up. So if you hear me talking about smokin’ hot firemen over the next coming months, that’s what this is all about.
Sunday Report Card
But what did I really accomplish this week? Not enough.
1) I worked through stacks of papers to burn, shred or file away in my newly neatened file cabinets.
2) Did some “back and forth” with my Cleis editor on the new anthology, wrote the call for submissions and sent it out to the world.
Notice there’s no mention of pages written. I have tons of good reasons—all centered around the fact I’ve been making tons of trips to Hot Springs to buy building supplies. The Red-Headed Hellion and her family are moving into the house across the street from me this week, but we’re down to the wire with renovations and now one of our contracted workers is a no-show. So SIL is learning very quickly how to repair and texture dry-wall so he can get walls and ceilings painted. In the meantime, I’m babysitting cats and dogs, doing laundry and cleaning their other neglected house to get ready for the movers. I hope to have some downtime in between to get some pages in, because I have a novella due tomorrow. Eeek!
Have a great week. Hope you’re getting lovely spring weather like we are here in Arkansas. Have to check the pool temperature. Won’t be long…