- Taking a candlelight bath together with bath oils and rose petals. The mutual bathing is romantic. Everything else is tricky. First, not all bath oils smell so hot. Be sure to select a scent your partner will enjoy. Second, be certain there is a safe place to set the candles. Sure, there will be plenty of water (not necessarily a good thing, but I’ll get to that later), but the last thing a person wants is to bump a candle over while getting busy and setting the shower curtain or a bath rug ablaze—unless arson and pyromania are the things that turn you on. (BTW, I have a half dozen Def Leppard songs in my head now.) On the flip side, one doesn’t want to prematurely douse out the flame and have to fumble out of a slippery tube in the dark. Either situation possibly could lead to a 9-1-1 call. Third, rose petals smell great but not so much when they are clogging your drain. But don’t worry. Your plumber will love you even if your wallet won’t.
- Going on an outdoor picnic. This can be super romantic but not if you fail to check the weather conditions first, place the blanket on a mound of fire ants, do it during lovebug mating season, forget the mosquito spray, bring an open container to a place where alcohol is prohibited, select a site that is overly crowded, or attract a bear.
- Calling in sick at work to spend the day with your significant other. This only works if you plan on staying in the entire day or you’re the boss. There’s always that one coworker itching to rat you out if they see you galivanting about town went you’re supposedly in bed with a fever. I know what you’re thinking. You’ll spend the day out of town. Ha! Keep these precious Disney words in mind: “It’s a small world after all”. Multiple times, I’ve been in locations over a hundred miles from work (taken off with permission) and bumped into coworkers. Once, I bumped into my supervisor, who, incidentally, had given me a hard time about approving my time off.
- Going skinny dipping in a public pool, sauna, hot tub, or beach. Be warned, if caught there’s a possibility of going to jail, being given a fine, or both. Worse is if your body isn’t swimsuit ready, your unintended spectators may laugh, point, heckle, and post photos/videos on social media.
- Cooking a romantic dinner for your partner. It’s only romantic if you do the dishes, too.
- Placing an inedible object in your partner’s drink or meal. All I can say is, I hope you’re up-to-date on performing CPR or your partner has a very good dental plan.
- Allowing your partner to sleep in. Check the calendar first to ensure you aren’t allowing your partner to miss his/her sister’s or best friend’s wedding or not being present for that important business meeting that could lead to a promotion/raise.
- Writing a love poem. Let me rephrase that. Taking credit for a love poem you didn’t write, especially if you plagiarize from a famous poet and your partner is a literature major.
- Treating you partner out for a night on the town but forgetting your wallet/purse. This also doesn’t work if you’re over the limit on all of your credit cards. Hint: Look, if you can’t afford an expensive date, plan an inexpensive one. There’s plenty of romantic activities that won’t macerate the piggy. Your partner will understand.
- Lip syncing a romantic song. Even if you’re tone deaf and can’t hold a single note for three seconds, your partner would prefer to hear your voice massacre a song rather than watch you lips sync. So, go ahead and belt it out.
Don’t forget to visit Creole Bayou again. New posts are made on Wednesdays. If you have any questions or suggestions about this post or any others, feel free to comment below or tweet me at @dolynesaidso. You also can follow me on Instagram at genevivechambleeauthor or search me on Goodreads or Amazon Authors.
Enjoy sports romance? Check out my new adult romance, Defending the Net, being released in November. It is the second in my hockey series and guaranteed to melt the ice. Preordering information coming soon. Crossing the line could cost the game.
Missed the first in my hockey romance series? Don’t worry. Out of the Penalty Box, an adult romance where it’s one minute in the box or a lifetime out is available at http://amzn.to/2Bhnngw. It also can be ordered on iTunes, Nook, or Kobo. For more links where to purchase or to read the blurb, please visit http://bit.ly/2i9SqpH.
Life’s Roux: Wrong Doors, my steamy romantic comedy, is available at Red Sage Publishing. To order, follow the link to http://bit.ly/2CtE7Ez or to Amazon at http://amzn.to/2lCQXpt.
Copies of all my books and stories are available in paper, eBook, and audio on Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble. The links are listed in my Writing Projects page (http://bit.ly/2iDYRxU) along with descriptions of each of my novels or stories.
NEWSLETTER! Want to get the latest information and updates about my writing projects, giveaways, contests, and reveals first? Click on http://bit.ly/2zJjUdb and signup today.