I don’t know about you, but August flew by! I’m sure it feels that way because two weeks of the month were spent on my jaunt to Canada and the Pacific Northwest.
At the end of the month, I like to take a little time to reflect on what I accomplished. It might not be interesting to you unless you’re a writer and trying to gauge my personal productivity, but for me, it’s the moment I have to reconcile my dreams with reality.
It wasn’t a bad month, really.
First, I had four releases:
* Lesbian Lust with Cleis Press
* Red Stilletos with Ellora’s Cave
* Textile Free, my self-published free read
* Pleasing Sir on Smashwords (It should be up on Kindle in a couple of days!)
I had four stories accepted, and one rejected.
* Girls Who Bite (the Lesbian vampire anthology I will edit for Cleis)
* A Long Howl Goodnight by Ellora’s Cave
* A short story I can’t name for a collection I can’t name until the final approval is given by the publisher
* A short novella for a major NY publisher, which I can’t name yet either (sorry)
* Shattered Souls by Harlequin Nocturne
Here’s what I’ve accomplished writing-wise:
* I completed a western novella for Samhain
* I’ve written the first half of another novella for Samhain
* I’m half-way through the next chapter of Bad Moon Rising
* I completed another round of edits on Ravished by a Viking for Berkley
September will be another frenzied month. The pace won’t actually slow until December! But this next month, I will finish the novella for Samhain, the next chapter of Bad Moon Rising (I promise!), get half-way through the second Viking-in-Space book, and attend Lora Leigh’s RAW!
That’s the plan anyway.