The fourth of July is just around the corner. It’s that time of year in the states where picnics and swimming parties can be found everywhere. I love going to both but it occurred to me at the last cookout that I went to that the social aspect of our traditional gatherings isn’t what it used to be. People don’t sit and talk. They have their cell phones out—texting, gaming or surfing on some social media site. Now I don’t usually complain because I’ve been known to pull out my phone for a quick peek 😉 but I hadn’t seen some of the guests in years. With some help from other relatives, we instilled a thirty minute flashback—pick an activity you enjoyed as a youth. Here’s a few of the simple games that filled out a whole afternoon of fun without the cell phones!
- Catch—Yep, that’s it. Toss a ball and catch it. Pretty high-tech stuff.
- Marbles—I was shocked to learn some of the younger kids had never played it.
- Drawing with chalk—This was one of my favorites 🙂
- A nature walk—We were lucky enough to be near the woods but if you’re resourceful it can be done anywhere.
- Telling a funny or memorable story about another family member—This one really brought everyone together and surprisingly was the activity that drew the kids in. Weddings and how people met fascinated them. It touched my heart too.
- A spin on the above was ghost stories! I love hearing them.
So do you have any good ways to bring people together? I’d love to hear about it.
Also, do you want to learn about my next release, Hunter Betrayed? Read on. It’s available for pre-order!
Wild Hunt, Book 1
Tainted from birth, Harley lives a life cloaked in darkness and temptation. She resists the lure of her evil legacy by holding the memory of her ghostly savior close. Every night without him is agony. She fantasizes about him and yearns for his body, but he’s not the protector or lover she’s envisioned. He’s a Hunter bred to eliminate her kind. He’s also her only hope of salvation.
Calan, the leader of the Wild Hunt, was created to protect mankind from the Unseelie Court. For a millennium, he’s sacrificed to ensure the horrid creatures remain in the Underworld, but his strength wanes. He must rely on his enemy’s daughter to save him, but he doesn’t expect the intensity of their lust or love. Her touch calms his wild nature and ignites his carnal desires. He’ll risk all to save her, but doing so forces him to make the ultimate sacrifice, one that’ll damn him to suffer forever in his own living hell.
A Romantica® Paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
Nancy Corrigan believes in unending love and epic tales with a paranormal flare. She enjoys transcending the boundaries of reality to take her readers on an erotic, emotional and romantic journey.
She resides in Pennsylvania with her husband and three children. When she’s not weaving sizzling fantasies, she works as a chemist in a pharmaceutical lab.