Winter has finally released its icy grip. It takes a little longer here in Eastern Canada, and we still might get a snowstorm or two, but I’m optimistic that spring is finally here. The crocuses are poking their heads up. The tulips are starting to bloom.
Here are my Top 5 signs that spring has finally arrived.
- I can wear sneakers when I go out. After months and months of boots, being able to just pull a pair of sneakers on and go is a huge deal.
- Not having to bundle up so much. During the winter months, I wear a long-sleeved shirt, a sweater, two layers of leggings, a long coat, a scarf, gloves, and a headband whenever I go out. Being able to leave off the long coat is huge. I’ll still layer up, as the temperatures aren’t that far above freezing, but it’s freeing to wear a hoodie and fleece and switch to my lighter gloves and headband. LOL, it’s all about degrees.
- The crocuses are starting to carpet the front lawns in the neighborhood. Seeing the pop of color does my heart good.
- I’ve started removing the layers of coverings from my bed. So far, I’ve put away two of the blankets. That leaves three comforters and a quilt.
- I’m so looking forward to the first night I can sleep with the bedroom window open. That will be a while yet, as temperatures dip below freezing in the night. It gives me something to look forward to.
It’s the little things that make the difference. What do you love most about spring?
And if you’re looking for a book, be sure to check out my latest release ZAXE’S RULE.
Assassins of Gravas, Book 4
A professional assassin, Zaxe’s job is to kill his target—Helldrick—and get out. This final mission will repay his debt to the king of Gravas and allow him to finally claim his freedom. The job should be simple, but then he crosses paths with Jamaeh Jerman, the daughter of his target.
Being a mixed-race bastard, Jamaeh’s life has never been easy, but she’s carved out a living as a trader. Her entire life, she’s protected her brother. Now he’s missing and Helldrick is to blame. Her goal is to find her brother and bring him home.
She and Zaxe join forces, each with their own agenda. Danger and secrets from the past threaten to come between them, while their sizzling attraction further complicates the situation. Will mistrust drive them apart or will love save them both?
Evernight Publishing: https://www.evernightpublishing.com/zaxes-rule-by-n-j-walters/
About the Author
N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, assassins, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.
Visit me at:
Newsletter Sign Up: http://eepurl.com/gdblg5
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/N.J.WaltersAuthor