UPDATE: The winner is…Beckie!
I finished CHASE just in time. It’s written, edited, and in Amazon ready for release day next Tuesday, June 22nd! I hate when I’m rushing to meet that upload deadline. The pressure is intense.
As always, I had a well-thought-out plan, which had me writing 5 days a week at a sedate pace. Then life intervened—kids are out of school so there are tons of interruptions—and I received “emergency” editing requests from other authors that I slipped into my schedule by removing my own writing days.
Yesterday was ride or die day—I had to finish it in time to get it to my very small team of beta readers to make sure I didn’t have any huge gaffes. Yes, I’m an editor, but I don’t catch everything. Nobody does. I’m lucky that my team lets me throw them a book chapter-by-chapter to read so I’m not screaming for help with the entire story the day before it has to go into Amazon.
So, what am I doing today now that all the pressure is gone? I’d like to say NOTHING. However, I can’t see the top of my desk. I have unopened packages sitting on the floor beside my desk because I couldn’t be bothered opening them—you know, head down, no distractions! I need to do laundry because I think I’m out of underwear… TMI? 🙂
Tomorrow, I’ll do nothing.
For a chance to win a FREE download of your choice, tell me your favorite “Nothing Day” activity!
- A Question for You! (Contest) — Last day to enter! Win an Amazon gift card!
- A Funny Thing Happened… (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Diana Cosby: Nature – The Perfect Inspiration To Refill My Muse! (Contest) — Win a SIGNED BOOK!
- Puzzle for Today… (Contest) — Win a FREE download!
- Our Silly Collections… (Contest) — Win a SIGNED BOOK (by me!)!