This is going to be a hodgepodge of announcements, but I do need to get some reminders out there, and I HAVE to talk about work or I won’t take it seriously! (New Year’s Resolution, you know— 😉 )
First off, I should be uploading this one to Kindle today! I’ll let you know when it goes live. I’m rather proud of this collection. It’s got a little bit of everything so you are sure to find something to your taste. It’s a “naughty collection of seven bedtime stories, for a week’s worth of nighttime pleasure—a little ‘som-som’ to inspire sexy dreams or a one-handed orgasm, or to be read to a partner and enjoyed together.” Click on the cover and read more about Strokes!
The Ellora’s Cave Grab Bag Contest
- A signed book by Lila DiPasqua (not an EC author, but since I had a copy of The Princess in His Bed, I thought I’d add it to spice up the pot!)
- A sexy mouse pad signed by Liz Andrews
- A J.K. Coi and Christine D’Abo water bottle
- A multitude of trading cards, bookmarks, excerpt booklets, pens, Post-It pads, etc.
Well, it ends on Tuesday! See rules here. Every comment counts!
Rose’s Plotting Bootcamp
For you writers out there, my sister (Elle James/Myla Jackson) and I are leading a plotting bootcamp starting tomorrow. If you’ve never taken the class, you’re missing out on an experience. It’s a month-long class, so you can complete the exercises at your own pace. We provide feedback and support every step of the way. By the end of the class, you will have a fully fleshed outline for a novel. Besides the lessons, there are live chats where you can pick our brains for industry know-how or brainstorm your story. We’ve had folks return numerous times to plot a new book because we really do help you dig deeper. If you’re interested, click on this link: Rose’s Plotting Bootcamp
The Report Card
Even considering I returned from a vacation on Wednesday, I accomplished a lot this week.
1) I wrapped up final line edits of Lone Heart, my next Samhain book scheduled to release on January 31st. Was I cutting that a little close? The book was messier than I normally allow so it took time to read through and correct.
2) I received edits for Strokes, worked through line-by-line to clean it up, then attempted to format the thing for release at the Kindle store. However, I realize now, I haven’t the patience for that sort of thing. I shipped it to a professional formatter for her to whip it into shape. Believe me, it’ll get done faster—and it’s better for my blood pressure.
3) I put out the call for submissions for Wild at Heart. I need short stories featuring exotic animals in need of rescue and refuge. I’ve been answering questions and promoting the challenge every where I could think of. If you have ideas for where to send it, let me know. This is a really good cause.
And that’s a wrap, folks! Be looking for a brand new contest this week. Nag me to write every chance you get! And if you’re a writer, invite me to sprint with you. I could use the company.
Delilah, you’ve been busy!! That’s awesome! I clearly haven’t been keeping up, because I didn’t even know you’d been working on Strokes! Congrats! These sound fabulous!
Delilah, you really need to write. Think of all the people out there who will have too much time on their hands if they don’t have a Delilah Devlin book/story to read. There will be chaos and madness if you don’t get some writing done.
Now get to work.
That’s awesome, I can’t wait to read it
Fedora! Thanks for volunteering to give it a quick read!
Lisa! Fantastic nag!! LOL
Genevieve! Thanks. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Busy times indeed. It does sound like you have accomplished a great deal though!!
You sound really busy, though you seemed to accomplished a great deal too. I’m looking forward to reading Strokes.
Thanks for the attagirls, ladies!
Even with a vacation in the mix, you’ve gotten a lot done! Nice!!!
Heading to Amazon as soon as I post this. Looking for “Strokes”! 😀
Lanae! Hope you didn’t have any problems finding it! 😆
Delilah, I found it, no problem! On my Kindle to be read today!!! Shhh! Don’t tell. I’m supposed to be cleaning house! lol