A Question…
Monday, February 27th, 2012

The Promo Ho Contest continues! If you’d like to be in the running for one of TWO $25.00 gift certificates—well, follow the link to find out how to enter!

* * * * *

“Monday, Monday… da-da, da-duh-dum-dum…” Yeah, I’m singing the Mamas and the Papas this morning. Don’t remember who they were? Well, maybe I just like to listen to the oldies station!

Anyways, music is on my mind, so I have a question:

In your opinion, what is the best piece of music ever written?

25 comments to “A Question…”

1. Pauline
      · February 27th, 2012 at 8:24 am · Link

What day is it ? It changes so often right now its Teri Clark s 😉 “The One” just because it speaks to me

2. Stacy Wilson
      · February 27th, 2012 at 8:31 am · Link

In the Hall of the Mountain King, by Greig. This is a just barely over Bolero by Ravel.

Stacy Wilson

dragn_lady at yahoo dot com

3. Robin V
      · February 27th, 2012 at 8:37 am · Link

Anything Country! I love George Strait….so mine today would be “Out of the Clear Blue Sky”
    Robin V

4. Lisa Carter
      · February 27th, 2012 at 8:47 am · Link

I have 3, all sung by Garth Brooks. The Dance, Cowboys and Angels, The Change…

There are a lot that I love, but those 3 just speak to my heart.

5. red headed hellion
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:11 am · Link

I have soooo many faves….the ones that come to mind ….”one”, “beautiful day”, “free bird”….oh and ” blowing in the wind”

6. red headed hellion
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:12 am · Link

Oh and fur elise

7. Penny Dyal
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:15 am · Link

I have to many but right now it would have to be Carrie Underwood “Temporary Home” because right now I leave w my parents to take care of them.

· February 27th, 2012 at 9:25 am · Link

As much as I love heavy metal, the most beautiful music I’ve ever listened to is Beethoven’s 5th Symphony, in particular, The Ode to Joy. I feel uplifted every time I hear it.

· February 27th, 2012 at 9:28 am · Link

So many wonderful choices here! I definitely have to listen to In the Hall of the Mountain King, Stacy. And dd, you know I’m a huge fan of U2 as well. And I heard Free Bird during the band’s final concert tour before the crash. It was one of those “moments”.

10. Betty Hamilton
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:34 am · Link

“Do That To Me One More Time” by Captain and Tennile
    ….ah the memories that stirs up….uuuummmmmmm

11. Monique Ito
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:35 am · Link

I Would Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf or Coming to America by Neil Diamond.

12. Megan Mitcham
      · February 27th, 2012 at 10:31 am · Link

Great question! I’m am completely torn between Say Goodbye by Dave Matthews Band and Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. But Dave wins with me, every time.

13. Jessica James
      · February 27th, 2012 at 12:17 pm · Link

Beach Boys…any and all music! There was never a time that one of their songs didn’t make me feel better and the day seem lighter! Barbara Ann is my all time fave! 😛

14. Ilona
      · February 27th, 2012 at 2:30 pm · Link

In my opinion there is no ‘best music ever’ but these are among my favourite songs:-

March of Cambreadth and Shadow Lover by Heather Alexander Take a Message to Mary and Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers
    We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel
    Lemon Tree by Peter, Paul and Mary

15. Virginia E
      · February 27th, 2012 at 3:50 pm · Link

Del, The Ode to Joy is the final movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. (Who could ever forget the Beatle’s movie “Help!” and Famous Roger from the Famous London Zoo?) Yes, I do remember the Mamas and Papas

I’m definitely a fan of Grieg, but I prefer Wedding Day at Troldhaugen.

But for my best, most favorite I think I’m going to have to say Leonard Bernstein’s Mass (with additional lyrics by Steven Schwartz & Paul Simon), written for the dedication of the Kennedy Center. The music is incredible and the whole thing speaks volumes.

· February 27th, 2012 at 4:00 pm · Link

Ooops! The 5th was the Napoleonic thing he ended up hating. The 9th was his last and greatest. Thanks for the correction.

17. Lori Devore
      · February 27th, 2012 at 4:30 pm · Link

I’ve always liked “I want to hold your hand” by the Beatles. I think it’s a sweet song.

18. Marcella Rose
      · February 27th, 2012 at 4:46 pm · Link

Hmm, many but Brahms “Nanie”, Bolero, Breathing Below Surface, Fireflies, Ode to Joy – commenter was right, it never fails to make you feel good, and some other feel goods, almost all on Paul Simon’s Graceland CD.

19. merrieth
      · February 27th, 2012 at 6:09 pm · Link

I love Adele’s Turning Tables……or Meatloaf’s Paradise by the dashboard light…lol….oh wait how about Sexy and I know it by LMFAO… 😛

20. Diane
      · February 27th, 2012 at 7:39 pm · Link

I did love the way Whitney Houston sang: ” I will always love you”.

21. Lisa J
      · February 27th, 2012 at 7:42 pm · Link

American Pie by Don McLean. I have way too many cd’s with this song on them. It’s a sickness with me. I have some other favorites, but this one is my absolute favorite.

22. Wendy V
      · February 27th, 2012 at 7:50 pm · Link

I truely love all types of music, right now the song that is speaking to me is Miranda Lambarts Over You!! But I also believe the rock from the 80’s will rule always, Def Leppard especially!!

23. Sheri
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:18 pm · Link

Boston. More than a feeling

24. sophia smith
      · February 27th, 2012 at 9:21 pm · Link

what a wounderfulday louis armstrong

25. Mary Preston
      · February 28th, 2012 at 3:19 am · Link

I’m a huge fan of MOZART. His music brings me to tears with it’s beauty. Yes, I love classical music. It’s timeless.