I was asked this the other day. Never thought about it before actually. It was just an “is”. An “is” I am immensely thankful for!
So I sat down and actually thought about it. I have quite a few reasons. So go get a nice cold….err….warm beverage and get comfy.
1. Sex sells. This one is really easy and pretty much genre wide. Sex is awesome. People like it and they like to read about it.
2. The advent of the e-reader. You can be ANYWHERE with an e-reader and you can read ANYTHING without being afraid people will judge you. That’s hot for a lot of people. You could be reading War and Peace, or The Bible, or Debbie does Cleveland. That’s awesome! So as long as you don’t start moaning in the middle of the park you’re all set. Well I guess you can moan in the middle of the park but make sure you know how to cover it with a cough.
3. And since we’re on the topic – let’s talk about people feeling judged. Seriously. I think some people have decided to take it upon themselves as the judge and jury of the entire human race and they are vocal about it. Damn. I wished they’d just shut it. Yeah. That would fix a lot of the problems in the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yes They Are!! No doubt about it. But you know what? THEY DON”T HAVE TO SHARE IT. With social media, forums, blogs, groups, etc. Lots of like-minded people can come together to discuss their favorite books. No judging. Just awesomeness!
4. Empowerment – I think a lot of readers of erotic romance feel empowered by reading things that turn them on. Things that maybe made them feel less than in the past but now their desires are more main stream. Validation is intoxicating.
5. And I’m going to end with More is MORE. I know for me personally soft and sweet romances just don’t do it for me. It’s nice…and all…but it’s just not what I’m looking for to fill my precious free time. And I read one and I NEED another one when I’m done. I NEED to know I have more yummy smut waiting for me.
So to celebrate smutty awesomeness let’s have a giveaway! To one lucky poster I’ll be giving one spanking “giggle” new e-book copy away of Nico’s Curse.
Just leave me a comment below and let me know why erotic books cream your twinkie!!
And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter! Awesome new releases and giveaways and tidbits of yummytastic info about me.
Thanks for reading and here’s a bit of info to tantalize you into giving Nico a chance to win your heart…
Domenico was cursed six long years ago by a witch determined to teach him a lesson. A lesson in life, loss, and understanding that to love is to put someone first…always.
His only escape from his beautiful prison is a dating site called Crossroads. He can choose only one woman a year to contact. One woman to convince, in nothing more than a week, that he’s worthy of her love. But there’s a catch. She must fall asleep during a video chat so he can crawl through his laptop into her world. Then all bets are off.
His curse becomes his salvation when his beautiful submissive Rose is nothing but a dream away.
A Romantica® BDSM erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
Barnes & Noble
Need a bit more on the kinky and naughty side? I’ve gotcha covered!!
The books in the Members Only Series can be found here…
Together In Cyn
A Very Ménage Christmas
Roman’s To-Do List
Beneath the Pages
Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.
Website – http://www.jenniferkacey.com/
Blog – The Decadent Divas – http://www.thedecadentdivas.blogspot.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.kacey.7
Facebook Author Page –
Twitter – https://twitter.com/JenniferKacey
Amazon Page – http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Kacey/e/B00GXHUB30/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d9_al1?_encoding=UTF8&refinementId=618073011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0G8ZPDQJVKJPKXNBRY10&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846
Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6941549.Jennifer_Kacey
Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/
Love your #3 =D I agree, people with opinions are exhausting .. Live and let live, read what you want, and stop worrying about what other people reads. To each their own, and all that.
wow!! Well said!! I love them because the “dirty sexy scenes” remind me of play time I get once a month. For those moments I am that character!! Love ya Jennifer!!
I love them for the fact it spices up the love life and in the bedroom. 😉
Now that my children are grown and I have time and privacy to focus on my sexual needs…….books are there to spark my libido, making my husband happy, and spicing up our experiences. More books, available discretely just make it easier and pleasurable.
Linda – it is exhausting! Thankfully I don’t pay much attention to people that need to run their mouth. I have WAY too much to do to let it affect me!
Tracy – Play time is awesome!!! Definitely something to look forward to!
Amy – It does spice things up! Such a simple thing and it can make a gigantic impact. Great for new relationships and one’s you want to bring a little sizzle back into.
Michelle -exactly!!!! At your fingertips!!!!
I like them because they let you fantasy about what youre life could be like email@example.com.
I love reading erotica because it makes me wonder “what if”.
Are there really men like that out there? Are there really women brave enough to give up all control? Would I have been brave enough back in the day? And the love between the characters~~stuff that dreams are made of.
Jennifer, I’m right in the middle of reading ALL of your MEMBERS ONLY books right now. Don’t know how I’ve missed them in the past. I’ve read Cyn, Haleigh, Jackson, Duke, all within the last 2 weeks. And the rest of them are on my kindle just waiting to be read. Right this minute I’m reading Buried Permission and loving it so far.
Thanks for so many fun hours of reading. 😆
I, personally, like variety in my diet. Today – sweet, tomorrow -spicy! Maybe the next day – out of this world. I simply enjoy a well written story. That being said, there are some days, like you, I NEED something very hot and spicy with very little story – as long as it is well written. *sigh* Suffice it to say, I simply love to read! Speaking of which, Nico’s Curse was a fun read. Thank you.
I agree with what Pansy Petal said. I like almost all romance genres but I do love the spicy ones. Menopause was not good for my libido but spicy books are pretty good at getting things charged up. My husband is very grateful. LOL I haven’t read any of your books yet but Nico’s Curse sounds great.
After several surgeries in the past few years, which have wrecked my used to be BBW brick house body, and being the full time care-giver for my mom, I’m living vicariously thru books now. Brings back VERY fond memories & a few wishes also! The e-reader has made a huge difference, in that there is no need hide what you’re reading when out (so not to be judged). Love the Members Only series (that I’ve been able to read) & would love the chance to read Nico’s Curse! I especially love PRN erotica!! 😛
Tony – Love the fantasy can be anything you want it to be!!!
You made my day!!! I’m so glad you’re loving them!!
Love getting to write them. Delightfully delicious characters!!!
Pansy! Love that Nico’s Curse could satisfy part of your literary diet! Nico’s delicious with just enough paranormal to make it believable!
ButtonsMom2003 I’m so glad spicy books have gotten you a bit of your own spice back!!
Kathie – love that it helps you remember awesome days gone by!! Nostalgic reading totally does it for me! Those are the books I’ll read over and over again!
ButtonsMom2003 – you’re my winner! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
Just send me an email with what e-book file type you’d like of Nico’s Curse and I’ll get it to you!
jenn @ jenniferkacey.com
Just take out the spaces above!!!
Wow – I can’t believe I won. I just sent you an email. Thanks so much! Happy New Year