These are a few of my favorite things…
Raise your hand if you heard Julie Andrews singing that line. *raises hand proudly*
As I was brainstorming possible blog topics, my mind took off in about forty directions. The part that came back into focus was singing that song so, I figured I’d go with it.
In no particular order, here are few of mine:
- Chocolate chip cookies (without nuts).
- Saturday afternoons with no plans and nothing pressing on my to-do list so I can read or write or make jewelry to my heart’s content.
- The feel of a fresh, warm breeze blowing on my face while the sun shines down on me.
- I just love pretty new colors on my toes.
- Holding my sweetie’s hand.
- The smell of the original Baby Magic soap on a freshly washed baby.
- Getting the email from an editor or publisher saying “We love your manuscript and want to publish it!”
- Being presented flowers gathered from the yard by one of my kids.
- The smell of summer rain.
- Having the kids greet me with enthusiasm when I get home from work or when I pick them up. “Hi, Mommie” or “Momma!” is just the best. Shoot – even the dog greeting me at the door with a toy in her mouth and her tail wagging makes me smile.
- Getting a phone call or text from that special someone, for no reason at all. Just because they were thinking of me. HI!
- The sound of falling snow after the ground is covered. Yes, there is a sound. If you haven’t heard it, when winter rolls around again, listen for it. The still of the night is the best time to hear it.
I could keep going on, but I want to hear from you. What are a few of your favorite things? Things that make you smile just thinking about them? Everyone who leaves a comment will be included in a drawing for an ebook copy of any of my backlist books (Risky Business, Cherie’s Silk, Working It All Out, Mystic’s Touch, Ghostly Persuasion or Loss of Control).
Be sure you check out my new release, Your Wild Heart.
Wildlife biologist, Isabelle Acker, meets sexy park ranger, Wyatt Powell. His Wolf sits up and takes notice of her, but when he learns why she came to the park, he becomes wary of her intentions. After all, as far as the general population knows, there are no wolves in the Black Hills.
Ordered by his Alpha to keep an eye on the smoking-hot biologist, Wyatt finds it difficult to keep his hands to himself. He wants to possess her, to share everything about his life, but that might endanger the Tao Pack. But the attraction proves too great and, unable to deny his Wolf, he takes her with a passion he didn’t know he possessed.
However, their sexual bliss is short-lived, and on the night of the full moon, more than one secret is revealed. When all is said and done, they must each decide—is what they have between them true love or just hot sex?
Your Wild Heart book trailer: http://youtu.be/jnHJqD0Y1kg
Check out the entire Black Hills Wolves Series on Facebook at: https://www.facebook/BlackHillsWolvesSeries/
Apple iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/your-wild-heart/id976843890?mt=11
Google Books: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Dena_Garson_Your_Wild_Heart?id=LosyBwAAQBAJ
Dena Garson is a Process Redesign Specialist by day and a writer and jewelry designer by night. She is raising two rowdy boys who play lots of sports which forces her to spend way too much time on the practice field and/or sidelines. Thankfully she has a loyal and loving Labrador Retriever to listen when she complains and a spoiled cat who reminds her daily she is merely a servant.
Website – http://www.denagarson.com/
Blog – http://denagarson.net/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/dena.garson.7
Twitter – https://twitter.com/DenaGarson
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/dgarson
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/DenaGarson
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+DenaGarson/
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/denagarson7
1) Kiss and Hug from my Hubby
2) Homemade Chili with Corn Bread
3) A Good book (and the time to read it!)
A few of my favorite things:
Seeing my eldest daughter cry the first time she SAW her baby’s heartbeat.
The day my husband and I adopted our 4 younger children.
The smell of my hubby first thing in the morning when he pulls me close.
Every time my children tell new they love me.
Holding my dog close and knowing he loves me unconditionally.
The smell of cheesecake (yes there is a smell lol)
My husband always holding my hand after all these years.
LOL – I totally agree with your #3, Linda!!
Awww – that’s so sweet, Donamuree.
Yes, I had to raise my hand. 🙂
1. My mostly sweet but also ornery 12 year-old “puppy.”
2. Books, my ereader and my computer.
3. My hubby of 41 years.
Yes I have so I am waving my hand. Here are a few of my favorite things. Lobster, Mexican food, My beautiful grand daughter(she comes first always), cats( big and little), dogs, rain, snow, flying and travel. These are just a few and I love sharing everyone of these with my family and friends. 😛