I’ve got a new series starting with The Dark War and it’s about witches!
I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of mythical witches. Like the ones who have magic abilities, can sometimes fly, and are powerful supernaturals in their own right. In fact, if I had to choose what type of supernatural creature I’d like to be, it would be a witch. And I’d use my powers for mostly good…probably…I mean, come one…magic powers…
In honor of my newest release I thought I’d list some of my favorite witchy things, in no particular order.
- Practical Magic is one of the best witch movies EVER! I have probably watched it a million times. Give me a quote, any quote from the movie and I can tell you when it happened and who said it. What I love about this movie is not only the idea of a witch family that sticks together but also that it confronts issues of discrimination and originality. Great messages, great cast, powerful women. Love it. In fact, I think I should go watch it right now…
- Witch tattoos…I have a few, but my favorite one is my Wicked Witch of the West because I got it for my son. He loves the Wicked Witch of the West and he has watched The Wizard of Oz so many times that he can recite all of her lines as well as reenact her parts. He’s five now but he’s been doing this for years. I just had to get a tattoo for him.
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice is one of the first witch books I read (not counting the childhood books I adored like The Good Little Witch). Rice creates a family of witches with a rich history in a house that I hope one day I’ll get to see, one that she used to own in the Garden District. It’s a hefty book but so worth the read.
- Salem, Massachusetts is an awesome place to travel to. I went there when I was pregnant with my daughter and fell in love with the atmosphere. Everything caters to the witch history and Halloween and there’s a ghostly charm that you just won’t find anywhere else. Even the police badges have a witch flying on a broomstick!
- American Horror Story -Coven is another great viewing experience. It’s dark, disturbing and the storytelling is awesome. Anything that depicts women in powerful roles intrigues me and this is a series that I’ve watched a few times already.
Of course there are many more examples I could list but then things would get a bit crazy here. If you’re like me and you find the supernatural witch intriguing and you’re interested in seeing a powerful woman kick some serious ass then you’ll like The Dark War.
I’m giving away a $20 Amazon GC – enter the rafflecopter for your chance to win!
The Dark War
As the darkness rises, magic is their only defense—if it doesn’t end the world.
The Dark War, Book 1
Witch. Hunter. Traitor. Kali Richards’s solitary life’s work is to hunt the evildoers of her own kind and bring them to justice. She’s poised to catch her latest bounty when she realizes her quarry is a witch-vampire hybrid with a taste for blood—Kali’s blood.
She’s lost quite a lot of it when Wyatt, the ex who still owns the pieces of her shattered heart, comes to her rescue. Eight years apart hasn’t cooled her anger over their breakup. Neither has it cooled the desire still steaming between them.
As Wyatt heals her wounds, he brings disturbing news: Kali’s mother has awakened from a years-long coma with a prophecy on her lips. A Dark War is coming that will pit supernatural against human. Kali is the key to stopping it.
Except Kali isn’t what you’d call adept at spellcasting. Like it or not, she needs a lot of help. From Wyatt, and from the organization that she turned her back on once before—the Witch Hunter’s Union. Even with an army at her back, she’s in for one hell of a ride…
Warning: May contain a stubborn little kick-ass witch, a wickedly sexy ex-boyfriend and a whole lot of hybrid trouble
About the Author
Every day is Halloween for author Angela Addams. Enthralled by the paranormal at an early age, Angela spends most of her time thinking up new story ideas that involve supernatural creatures in everyday situations. She has also been known to dabble in dark thrillers. She believes that the written word is an amazing tool for crafting the most erotic of scenarios.
She is an avid tattoo collector, a total book hoarder and loves anything covered in chocolate…except for bugs.
She lives in Ontario, Canada in an old, creaky house, with her husband and children.
Find the book:
I love the TV show Charmed.
Wow sounds good. I’d totally be s witch out of all the supernatural creatures. They are my favorite also and unfortunately not as popular as vamps or shifters. I’m adding this to my wish list.
Thanks for sharing! Love Practical Magic… was a fan of Charmed… my sister mentioned they might be redoing the show.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Show and Comics have always been a favorite!
i liked the movie The Craft and tv show Charmed both very good!
thanks for the chance
I forgot about Charmed! A redo would be interesting! Buffy, The Craft are great additions to my list! Thanks for dropping by!
As far as my favorite witch book or film, the tv series called Bewitched came to mind. I really liked that show.
The TV series CHARMED was loads of fun.
I loved Bewitched!
I’ll admit, I never did get into Charmed…I should do a binge…
Ooooh I loved Bewitched most!
I remember watching a few episodes of Bewitched as a kid, and loved the whole idea! I didn’t realize that was just one representation of a whole paranormal universe! What a fun post, Angela!
I watched Bewitched religiously as a kid. Loved that show! Probably explains my love of paranormal now too.