Sundays are my most unfavorite day—in the morning, anyway. I have to rise, get my usual chores done (feed cats, make a pot of coffee, post my blog), then I have to spend some time updating my weekly work plan because, invariably, I have leftover items from last week to squeeze into this week’s plan.
When I have them all squeezed together, I take another look and decide what has to go! Do I really have to write that short story? scratch What stories HAVE to be HOW far along this week? Okay, I can give myself a little breathing room here, squish a little harder there. It’s always a big juggle. I have two pending deadlines this coming week, and I’ll be writing them down to the wire to finish. But what’s new?
Some writers, like me, need adrenaline to produce. Or at least that’s what I tell myself. The fear of failure, the fear of missing an Amazon upload deadline—those things motivate me big time.
Is there anything in your life that lights a fire under your ass like my Amazon deadlines?
- Hello, Autumn! (Puzzle-Contest) — This ends soon! Win a FREE book!
- Flashback: A Boys Behaving Badly Anthology (Contest–3 Winners!) — This ends soon! Win an anthology!
- Grace Adams: Elemental Dragons (Contest) — Win a set of dragon magnets!
- Your weekend book boyfriend… (Contest + Excerpt) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Ava Cuvay: How Do I Love Anthologies? Let me Count the Ways (Contest–5 Winners!) — Win an anthology!
- Day trip, anyone? (Puzzle-Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
I plan things out so I do not have to add stress to myself… I am such a worry wort…
My daughter is the planner. I let her tell me what I am missing. She stresses enough for both of us. As long as I show up to babysit the five month old, she is happy.