I’m muzzy-headed this morning. Returned from Dallas close to 2 AM. The 6-year-old is with her mom and ecstatic to be back. Although, I’m sure she’s not as happy as we are to have her. It’s nearly a nine-hour round trip for us, and we made it a little longer because we stopped for dinner and a trip through Walmart to get her a toy to play with on the way home.
Anyway, let me recount the happenings this week.
* I reached negotiation stage on a proposal for a collection of short stories (more about that once the ink is dry on the contract!)
* I’m nearly through chapter two of the second Viking story
* I’m three pages away from being done with the short story
* I’ve revised 200 pages of the first Viking story
* I completed another chapter of the Quickie for Ellora’s Cave
* And I brainstormed an idea for a novella for Samhain
This week, I’ll:
* Finish through chapter four of the second Viking book
* Wrap up the short story and ship it out
* Finish the last polish of Pleasing Sir and ship it the guy who will format it for Smashwords and Kindle
* Write the synopsis and the opening scene for the novella for Samhain
* Finish the last two chapters and ship the Quickie off to Ellora’s Cave
And that’s enough, don’t you think?
Today, I have to prepare for a birthday party and clean the pool so the whole family can jump in! The sun’s out at last.