I like doing these little recaps. They are for my benefit only. Selfish, I know. Maybe interesting to you if you’re a writer and want to compare productivity. Maybe interesting to a reader if you want to keep track of what’s in the works.
Overall, it wasn’t too shabby writing-wise.
* I wrote two short stories for two separate calls for submissions for erotic shorts. I won’t know for a while whether they make the cut, but they won’t be wasted words whatever the editors’ decisions are. You might see them as free reads in the future.
* I finished a werewolf novella for Ellora’s Cave.
* I’m half way through another novella, one I hadn’t planned, because it came by invitation.
* And I’m back into the second Viking book, after taking time out to complete revisions of the first book.
On other notes:
* I received tentative acceptance (pending the publisher’s approval) for a short story in an upcoming collection.
* I received tentative acceptance on a proposal for my own collection, which is awaiting the publisher’s final approval.
* Fairy Tale Lust released.
* I sent Pleasing Sir to the Kindle formatter.
* And I have a new “skin” for my website!
That’s busy enough to please even the overachieving maniac inside me.
This next month will be insane. I have a two week writing retreat planned for the first half of the month. I’m hoping to get well past halfway through the second Viking book, wrap up the “by-invitation” novella, complete a short story for EC, and get halfway through the next Lone Star Lovers novella.
Wish me luck. I always aim high, but realize that real life has a way of tripping me up now and then.