A view of the pond in the back yard…
For a week that played out the way it did, I was surprisingly productive.
I spent two days driving the folks back and forth to Little Rock for surgery appointments, in not so great weather. However, I brought along pen and paper and scribbled out two proposals for new anthologies. Clever ones, I think.
Then the weather turned worse and we had our second snow storm of the season. The red-headed hellion’s pipes burst, and suddenly, I was covered up in children 24/7. That should have been it, but somehow (maybe because it was a mental escape!), I managed to get nearly halfway through a new novella. So for those writers out there—there really are no excuses!
Summing up my accomplishments:
* I completed two proposals for short story collections to follow up Girls Who Bite and shipped them.
* I revised a synopsis and shipped it to an editor at her invitation.
* I brainstormed a fresh idea for a Kindle novella and am 42% through the manuscript.
The weather thawed enough yesterday that my daughter was able to get her pipes fixed. Hopefully, the repair will hold. This next week I want to finish that short novella, finish a free short story, and begin a new novella for Ellora’s Cave. If my wordcount meters don’t start filling in quickly, give me a nag!