Top 10 Reasons BDSM & Taxes are Similar
In honor of tax day I thought I’d share with everyone the top ten reasons BDSM and taxes are similar!
10. Restraints are used in both, especially when you do something naughty.
9. Both have clubs you can visit to learn more. BDSM clubs to get your kink on, and Club Feds for you tax lovers when you sharpened your pencil just a bit too much.
8. When you owe the IRS money your taxes are in the red, and what is one of the most popular safe words throughout the BDSM community?
7. One of the most common phrases used on this day is death and taxes. The French don’t call an orgasm “la petite mort” for nothin’.
6. Everyone involved must decide which philosophy they adhere to. Ask permission or beg forgiveness. Which camp are you?
5. When you get a good refund, or you’re—enjoying a scene to its fullest you scream the same thing. YES!!!!!!!
4. Auditor and Master rhyme for a reason.
3. Both have the power to make you anxious and Dominate your thoughts.
2. If you take 4, the highest single integer in 1040, and subtract it by 1, since this is my debut novel you get 3. The perfect ménage number and exactly what you’ll find in Together in Cyn.
1. For one of them you normally bend over and take it up the ass… The other is BDSM. 🙂
Wish everyone a prosperous tax day, and hope you’ll check out Together in Cyn being published by Ellora’s Cave.
Does anyone have a really great or really awful tax story?
A small book sitting out on a table shouldn’t incite fear in anyone.
But what if that book was your diary and you learned your two best friends, men you have ached for your entire life, have just read every last word? Pages and pages filled with dark fantasies and forbidden dreams so explicit they leave nothing to the imagination. And what if those two friends were included in every last one?
This is exactly where Cyn Andrews now finds herself. Stuck somewhere between wanting to hate Jared and Chris Kennedy for violating her privacy and just plain wanting to be stuck somewhere between them. She could never choose only one brother, so she’s kept her feelings buried for more than a decade, and a past mistake has kept her silent and alone…until now.
Everything she’s ever wanted may have just been handed to her in the form of an invitation to The Library. Not just a building filled with books, but a members only BDSM club the brothers own and have kept hidden from her for years.
Is it pity or desire that fueled the invitation? What other secrets have they been keeping from her? Can she protect her heart and face her biggest fear while discovering the art of submitting to two Doms?
It’d be a sin not to find out…
“So, Cyn, why aren’t you fucking anybody?”
I sucked a mouthful of beer down the wrong pipe, sputtered and coughed my way through it, and nearly knocked over the glass bottle as I got it under control. The beer anyways. After wheezing through another breath I moved my drink farther away. “Where in the hell did that come from?”
Jared Kennedy, one of my best friends, glanced at my fingers as I worried a heart charm at the bottom of a silver chain. A knowing smirk tilted his lips when he looked back up. “Oh, come on. Nobody creaming your Twinkie at the moment or do you not like sex in general? We want to know. So don’t be shy, just spit it out.”
The other half of the we he referred to was his fraternal twin Chris, who stood watching us across an empty dance floor and behind their bar thirty feet away. Still anxiously working the pendant back and forth, I turned once more to Jared.
He leaned back in his chair, arms crossed over his broad chest and an expectant smile pulling at his full lips. The brothers had always done that. Known just the right face to make so I would answer anything. They acted broody or impatient, and I ’d give anything to make them happy. Pathetic—my middle name when it comes to these two.
“I like it, J. As much as anybody does, I guess. Whether I like it as much as you and Chris, I don’t know. Your appetites have always run on the high side according to the gossipmongers around town.” I squirmed in my seat. I admit it. One of my best friends was asking me if I liked sex and all I could think was…meh. My sex life…well, visualize the Titanic sinking and you get the gist. Most guys don’t appreciate being called another guy’s name—or two guys’ names—when you’re getting off. It’s a real deal breaker apparently.
“Uh huh. It’s Saturday night, and you’re here, just like last night. Guys hit on you but you turn them down flat. You work at the gym all day and help out here anytime we ask. Love our time together on the weekends, just you and me, and I know you’ve been helping Chris during the week too. CJ’s has gotten damn busy, and we dig the help, but you’ve been restless lately and we’ve both noticed. What gives?”
Book Page: http://www.jenniferkacey.com/index.php/books/together-in-cyn
Social Media –
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/people/Jennifer-Kacey/100002469553420
Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/JenniferKacey
Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/
Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/16370223-jennifer-kacey
My author page on EC
Book Trailer Video link