It’s cold outside. Just the mere thought of going through the door makes me shiver. I live in Canada where winters are long, winds howl, and snow is plentiful. So here are the best ways I know how to survive winter.
- Blankets. I’m bundled up in one practically all day long. Because I sit at a desk most of the day, my legs get cold. So I wrap them up. Actually, I wrap the blanket around me and wear it like a long skirt, but don’t tell anyone.
- Flannel. You must have flannel or jersey cotton sheets for the bed. Regular cotton or satin are way too cold. At night I snuggle under my cozy sheets along with one quilt, two blankets, and three comforters. I also have an oversize men’s flannel shirt I wear over my turtleneck sweater during the day. Did I mention that I hate the cold?
- Hot Beverage. Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. It’s all good, especially when it’s been spiked with alcohol. Or maybe just have the alcohol.
- Movies and TV shows. This is a great time to binge watch your favorite shows or maybe try something new. The nights are long and if you’re snuggled up on the couch at home you don’t have to go out in the cold.
- And my favorite, of course, is books. Winter is the perfect time to curl up in a cozy chair with your favorite hot beverage and a blanket over you while you read. And old favorite or a new book…it’s all good.
And if you’re looking for something to warm you up during these cold days and nights, you might try my drakons. I mean what’s hotter than a practically immortal hunk who can spew fire when he’s pissed off.
Blood of the Drakon, Book 4
Constance Owens has a gift for finding unique items in the most unlikely places, which comes in handy since she buys and sells artifacts and antiques for a living. When she purchases a set of four dragon statues, she has no idea just how unique they are, or that finding them will thrust her into a world of secret societies, men who think nothing of kidnapping and murder to get what they want, and dragon shifters.
Nic hasn’t survived for four thousand years by letting his guard down, and he doesn’t trust anyone except his drakon brothers. The loneliness haunting him has been getting worse since all his brothers have found their mates. And when he finds the woman his drakon recognizes instantly as his fated mate, he doubts he’ll ever have what his brothers have, because it seems she’s involved with the secret society of hunters who have been hunting and capturing his kind for hundreds of years.
About the Author
N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.
Visit me at:
Newsletter Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/awakeningdesires/info
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/N.J.WaltersAuthor