UPDATE: The winner is…Mary Preston!
I had a guest lined up today, but I can’t find her content. So, I’m hoping I can still get that and post it either later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, I may as well do my end-of-month wrap-up. You do know that these are mostly for me—my way of stating out loud, to the world, what I accomplished and what I plan to do. It keeps me honest about my productivity, which has been slipping of late. Not sure why.
I went to the doctor yesterday and discovered I have high blood pressure. For years, my blood pressure was low, then normal—and now? I have to make changes. My dd insisted on accompanying me, because she knows I tend to blow off medical concerns. She says changes will be made! Gah. I have to cut out salt, and there’s a list of foods to avoid and incorporate. I’m so excited. *yawn*
Anyways, onto my wrap-up!
Here’s what I accomplished…
- I began work on a story that comes out in my sister, Elle James’s Brotherhood Protectors world next month! I had hoped to finish it by the end of the month, but I’ll be writing up until the date I have to turn it in. She’s going to kill me.
- I completed 3 editing projects for other authors in September.
- I fell off the Weight Watcher’s wagon again. At least, I’m maintaining my loss. 🙁
- As for physical activity, I swam every single day (until the Art Festival), and while I spent two days baking in the sun, the pool turned green. So, no more swimming. I’m usually the kind who swims until the water’s so cool I’m gasping.
- I went to the doctor to find out why I feel like shit and found out I have high blood pressure.
- I met with the local art guild and the humanities council. Yes, I mingled with real people. I’m on two boards now. I’m not sure why I raised my hand, but I guess it gets me out of the house.
- I participated in the Festival of the Arts and sold enough to pay for my tent and supplies for next year! Woot!
- I worked on pieces all the way up until the festival.
- Here are a few of my September pieces…
For work-related, I plan:
- To complete Guarding Hannah! It will release October 11 come hell or high water!
- To write Hard Knox, my first We Are Dead Horse story! I hope to have it in time for my pre-order release of October 25, but that is looking extremely iffy. I will try.
- To complete 5 editing projects in October! And therein lies my problem with items 1 & 2 on this list.
For health related, I plan:
- To return to counting those points for my Weight Watchers diet (I hate that word) and hopefully shed at least 5 pounds, remembering, as always: Slow is good!
- To review my diet plan to reduce salt, processed food, and incorporate foods good for blood pressure (spinach, broccoli, bananas, red wine).
- To replace swimming with walking.
- To begin some low-impact aerobics. I’ll re-dedicate myself to doing more housework, too, because my art room is a disaster after the show. I have to find room for everything!
For happiness-related, I plan:
- To begin one of the many already paid-for online art classes I’ve wanted to do.
- To begin working on the crafts projects I want to sell in the local Christmas arts and crafts sale in December.
- To blog about art (on my Emerald Casket site) just to keep myself honest!
Comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Tell me what you’re doing to make yourself happier and healthier. Tell me what you plan to read…
Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!
Take care of yourself. We all sometimes need a reminder that we need to treat ourselves with kindness.
take care of yourself please. I love that you got to sell your creations they are gorgeous
i need to go to some medical appointment to see how i am so far teh first one said too slow thyroid so we are taking care of that
an operation this week ( should be simple and fast, we will see)
i’m trying to create something to promote my parents’shop
I’m tired just reading how much you’ve accomplished! Take care of yourself!
I do appreciate you allowing us to help hold you accountable. I admire people who can do this. Thank you. It is also teaching me how to work this kind of system. I am not to the share stage of things, but I am working on making plans and working them. You inspire and encourage me in my efforts, so you are getting a two-fer for doing this. What a bargain!
I have been reading a bunch of Nanny romances… in a few days, I will dig out my Halloween decorations… 🙂
I’ll be rooting for you to get Hard Knox done on time! I am deep cleaning my house and that is making me very happy even if it’s exhausting.
Have an amazing October. I love how you’re so real. Good luck with your upcoming goals. Thanks again for allowing me to guest post! (Note: Not here to win Amazon GC.) Take care~
I like reading your monthly wrap up and goals for the coming month. It helps me to appreciate and mull over my own.
My focus for the month ahead is to build my inner confidence and mental strength.
Thank you for the boost!
Be kind to yourself.
Love your art. Glad you found out about your blood pressure so you can feel better (and write more 🙂 )
What kind of online art classes will you be taking?
Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and encouragement!
Bn100, I have classes available from Suzanne Allard, Tracey Verdugo, Laura Horn, Willa Wanders, and Andrea Garvey. I just have to commit to doing them now!
Best wishes. I have high blood pressure and have survived many years.
Take care of yourself. Cutting salt is not easy, but it can be done. Cut back on sugar also and that will help.
Big hugs, Delilah! Please do make taking care of yourself a priority! I always admire how much you accomplish, and demonstrate how part of your strategy is chiseling away at your big to-dos by doing a bit at a time and sticking with it! I love seeing your art as well as reading your books, and you’ve so much talent in so many areas, you’re truly overflowing with it! Thanks for sharing with us readers!
Take care of yourself. I’m hoping to get back to my painting I’ve been in a mood and just can’t seem to get it together to paint.
I’ve been living without adding any salt to my food for very many years…I stopped using it when my daughter was diagnosed with high blood pressure & she was supposed to cut back. I figured I’d support her but I ended up being the only one who stopped. When my husband was diagnosed with diabetes…I stopped using sugar and started drinking diet drinks in support of him. At that time we also made changes in ways we ate & what we ate to help control the diabetes. We’ve been doing ok for all these years…though I still need my potatoes & some sweets now & then…even though my husband pretty much stays away from those.
With the series We are Dead Horse will you have a Fire Fighter hero?
You are one busy lady! Reading is the thing that always makes me happy but right now it is also a bit stressful. I was gone for 2 weeks and then came home to the aftermath of hurricane Ian which hit my community very hard. So the stress is catching up on writing reviews and blog posts that I committed to prior to everything going to hell.
Vacation played havoc with my alternate fasting eating plan but I’m back at it now. I have HBP but it’s controlled very well with medication. I know I should do better about reducing the salt in my diet.
Thank you all for commenting. I’m glad you’re not completely bored with my monthly summations! 🙂
The winner of the gift card, chosen by a random number generator, is…#9: Mary Preston!