UPDATE: The winner is…Mary Preston!
I had a guest lined up today, but I can’t find her content. So, I’m hoping I can still get that and post it either later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, I may as well do my end-of-month wrap-up. You do know that these are mostly for me—my way of stating out loud, to the world, what I accomplished and what I plan to do. It keeps me honest about my productivity, which has been slipping of late. Not sure why.
I went to the doctor yesterday and discovered I have high blood pressure. For years, my blood pressure was low, then normal—and now? I have to make changes. My dd insisted on accompanying me, because she knows I tend to blow off medical concerns. She says changes will be made! Gah. I have to cut out salt, and there’s a list of foods to avoid and incorporate. I’m so excited. *yawn*
Anyways, onto my wrap-up!
Here’s what I accomplished…
- I began work on a story that comes out in my sister, Elle James’s Brotherhood Protectors world next month! I had hoped to finish it by the end of the month, but I’ll be writing up until the date I have to turn it in. She’s going to kill me.
- I completed 3 editing projects for other authors in September.
- I fell off the Weight Watcher’s wagon again. At least, I’m maintaining my loss. 🙁
- As for physical activity, I swam every single day (until the Art Festival), and while I spent two days baking in the sun, the pool turned green. So, no more swimming. I’m usually the kind who swims until the water’s so cool I’m gasping.
- I went to the doctor to find out why I feel like shit and found out I have high blood pressure.
- I met with the local art guild and the humanities council. Yes, I mingled with real people. I’m on two boards now. I’m not sure why I raised my hand, but I guess it gets me out of the house.
- I participated in the Festival of the Arts and sold enough to pay for my tent and supplies for next year! Woot!
- I worked on pieces all the way up until the festival.
- Here are a few of my September pieces…
For work-related, I plan:
- To complete Guarding Hannah! It will release October 11 come hell or high water!
- To write Hard Knox, my first We Are Dead Horse story! I hope to have it in time for my pre-order release of October 25, but that is looking extremely iffy. I will try.
- To complete 5 editing projects in October! And therein lies my problem with items 1 & 2 on this list.
For health related, I plan:
- To return to counting those points for my Weight Watchers diet (I hate that word) and hopefully shed at least 5 pounds, remembering, as always: Slow is good!
- To review my diet plan to reduce salt, processed food, and incorporate foods good for blood pressure (spinach, broccoli, bananas, red wine).
- To replace swimming with walking.
- To begin some low-impact aerobics. I’ll re-dedicate myself to doing more housework, too, because my art room is a disaster after the show. I have to find room for everything!
For happiness-related, I plan:
- To begin one of the many already paid-for online art classes I’ve wanted to do.
- To begin working on the crafts projects I want to sell in the local Christmas arts and crafts sale in December.
- To blog about art (on my Emerald Casket site) just to keep myself honest!
Comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Tell me what you’re doing to make yourself happier and healthier. Tell me what you plan to read…
Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!