Well, yesterday was a complete blast. The all-girls trek to Hot Springs to the nearest movie theater to watch The Little Mermaid was about more than seeing the movie. During the hour’s drive, we listened to Disney music. The kids knew every word of every song. And they sang the songs well! We all had our teary moments watching the movie. I cried at the end of the song where Ariel wished she could be “part of that world.” Halle was lovely and her voice divine. My dd cried at “Kiss the Girl,” I think because she was so nostalgic about the original, and they did a wonderfully fun job with the song. We love the original, but based on reviews we made the mistake of reading beforehand, we weren’t prepared to love the movie quite so much—but we did! The prince was HAWT—and not in a pretty boy way. Ursula was eeeevil. The way she climbed the walls of her cavern was creepy! After the movie, we stopped for a meal, and when we came home, we swam. Perfect, perfect day. And summer hasn’t started yet. (Today’s the last day of school!)
Change of subject. I had to share this video with you. I love anyone who can make me laugh. So, I love Jack Black. His version of “Wicked Game” is pretty good, too! Now, try to unsee this!
- IN ONE PICTURE: ELLE JAMES’S “STORM ON THE BAYOU” (CONTEST) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- IN ONE PICTURE: AURORA RUSSELL’S “HANDFASTED TO THE HIGHLAND WARRIOR” (CONTEST) — Win an Amazon or B&N gift card!
- Saturday Puzzle-Contest: Is it pool time yet? — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Useless Facts? (Contest) — Win a FREE book!
- Help me find my next BOYS BEHAVING BADLY theme! (Contest)
- IN ONE PICTURE: MICHAL SCOTT’S “TAKE ME TO THE WATER” (CONTEST) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- May into June (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Word Search: The Little Mermaid today! (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!