I was not a ball of fire this month.
True, I lost several days to two trips: one to Mississipi where I taught a plotting bootcamp with my sister; and the other the cruise to Key West and Cozumel. Still, it seemed like I wasted a lot of time thinking about what I should be writing rather than actually getting any pages done.
The high points of the month:
* Ravished by a Viking, my first book for Berkley, was released on January 4th! Woot!
* True Heart came out the same day from Samhain! It was still on MBaM’s top ten bestsellers’ list this morning, so I have plenty to be grateful for there.
* Girls Who Bite was accepted by Cleis!
* I completed two new short stories and shipped them to the editors of those collections.
* My previously published story, Sanctuary, was accepted for publication by Samhain.
Because I was soooo unproductive this month, February will be horribly frenetic!
* I have to write a 10k short story for a Kindle project (still need an idea that involves a stone or jewel!—ideas anyone?)!
* I want to finish a 25k BDSM story for Ellora’s Cave.
* I want to write a 20k contemporary for my next Kindle release.
* I would like to write two short stories for upcoming collections. (Not that I expect to place both of them, but I figure it’s always nice to have shorts to give away for free and I won’t write them without a deadline!)
* And it would be nice to complete revisions on a couple of projects I already have mostly finished and get them out the door!
Yeah, way more than a sane human ought to consider doing in one month, but I always like to shoot high! 😉