Sloan—The Country Town With Heart
Back in late 2003 I started reading erotic romances and, in particular, books from Ellora’s Cave. I also started wondering if perhaps I could write one of these hot and spicy romances. Not a bad idea, I decided. My mind turned to aliens crash landing near a small country town, and my first Ellora’s Cave book Talking Dogs, Aliens and Purple People Eaters was born.
Along with the characters, the country town of Sloan where I set my story took on a real personality. I liked the town so much I’ve set two different series there. (Talking Dogs and Fancy Free)
Here are a few interesting snippets about Sloan:
1. It’s a reasonable size town, not far from Auckland, New Zealand, but surrounded by countryside.
2. The café is the place to go for great coffee and to pick up all the local gossip.
3. UFO sightings are a common phenomenon in this area. Strangely enough, the sightings often occur just after a juicy piece of gossip starts circulating. I wonder why?
4. Some of the locals make big money, taking tourists to view crop circles.
5. The Women’s Division usually sets up a stall and sells tea and scones.
6. The Thirsty Cricket, the local pub, is also a good place to catch up on gossip.
7. One of the main employers in the area is Fancy Free. They manufacture condoms and sex aids.
8. The board of directors of Fancy Free consists of retired people who took a chance investing in their school friend’s dream of developing a condom company.
9. The Children of Nature cult also makes their home in Sloan. They are totally against the use of birth control and often stage demonstrations.
10. Unknown to most residents, aliens live and love among them. There’s even a talking dog.
11. There are lots of great picnic spots around the town. Couples can picnic by the river, swim at the waterfall or find a private spot to get romantic. They should, however, watch out for Peeping Toms!
12. Sloan is a vibrant town with a lot of younger people who live in non-traditional relationships. Watch this space.
In Biding His Thyme, book four in my Fancy Free series, readers get their first inside look at the Children of Nature cult. Things are not as they seem! There’s definitely something strange going on.
Question: I’ve given you a list of things that have occurred in Sloan to date. Use your imagination and tell me what you think should happen in the town of Sloan next…
Contest: Complete the rafflecopter and go into a draw to win a $20 Amazon OR All Romance eBooks voucher (winner’s choice). Winner will be drawn on 15 April 2013.
Rafflecopter code – a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note – if the code doesn’t work use this link – http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/MGU2NDU3NmU4ZjgyMDYyNTRhYTFjNjRiOGU1YWYxOjc=/
Blurb: Biding His Thyme
Born in the Children of Nature cult, Sorrel “Bitter” Thyme is destined to spend the rest of her life there, but not if she has her way. She’s perfected the dream cream that enhances orgasmic pleasure in those who use it. Now she must approach Fancy Free management with her invention while making sure the cult leader doesn’t learn of her idea and steal Sorrel’s chance of escape.
Jake Ramsey, a Special Air Services soldier on sick leave, agrees to go undercover in the cult to help local police close a case against the leader. Sorrel is his inside contact, a woman who is constantly ridiculed by the other cult members.
The partnership works well and kisses meant to cement their cover take on new possibilities. Jake uncovers secrets, and their loving heats up, passion coalescing into more than friendship. Then Sorrel is tossed into danger. What began as a favor is now deadly serious—-a game Jake must win to keep Sorrel safe.
Books set in Sloan:
1. Talking Dogs, Aliens and Purple People Eaters – http://www.ellorascave.com/talking-dogs-aliens-and-purple-people-eaters.html
2. Never Send a Dog to do a Woman’s Job – http://www.ellorascave.com/never-send-a-dog-to-do-a-woman-s-job.html
3. Romantic Interlude – http://www.ellorascave.com/romantic-interlude.html
1. Fancy Free – http://www.ellorascave.com/fancy-free.html
2. Christmas is Coming – http://www.ellorascave.com/christmas-is-coming.html
3. Feeling the Buzz – http://www.ellorascave.com/feeling-the-buzz.html
4. Biding His Thyme – http://www.ellorascave.com/biding-his-thyme.html
Bio: Shelley Munro
Shelley Munro is tall and curvaceous with blue eyes and a smile that turns masculine heads everywhere she goes. She’s a university tutor and an explorer/treasure hunter during her vacations. Skilled with weapons and combat, she is currently in talks with a producer about a television series based on her world adventures.
Shelley is also a writer blessed with a VERY vivid imagination and lives with her very own hero in New Zealand. She writes mainly erotic romance in the contemporary, paranormal and historical genres.
You can learn more about Shelley and her books at http://www.shelleymunro.com. Also, feel free to drop her line via her website or join her newsletter via the link from her blog to hear more about new and upcoming titles.