UPDATE: The winner is…Denise Fidler!
The problem with collections is that they take up space and are often non-functional. The other day on Delilah’s Corner, I shared a photo of my collection of vintage vanity table powder jars, to start a conversation about weird collections anyone might have. Yes, powder jars were a thing. Mine don’t contain powder! My jars date back from the 1930s to the 1950s. See all those swans below? You can rest a lipstick tube between the wings. So cool! Okay, so maybe you just see them as dust collectors, but I adore them—especially, the animal-themed jars.
Anyway, I gathered all my jars for the photo then started to put them back in my bathroom, but my counter is really jam-packed with these things, so I thought I’d spread them around the house.
Here’s where this one wound up—on my desk. It’s actually my favorite and from the 1930s. And no, those white spots on my desk aren’t dust or dandruff—they’re divets in the wood like someone took an icepick to the surface! Anyway, for a chance to win a download of your choice from my backlist, give me a suggestion for what I should use the jar for. Have fun! Be creative or silly!
Open Contests & a Giveaway!
Enter while you still can!
- Ad Astra–To the Stars, I think… (Contest) — Last day to enter! Win a FREE book!
- Reina Torres: Love in Lockdown — SUBLET, Part 5 — Everyone wins! Download your FREE story!
- Music Motivation Playlist (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Jaap Boekestein: To Dance (Contest–Two Winners!) — Win a fat, FREE anthology!
- A bad night to be here… (Puzzle-Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!