UPDATE: The winner is…Kathleen Bylsma!
I had a very busy January. Big goals and I hit them all.
Some were work-related:
- Revise and publish my Dark Realm-related short story, “After Dark“. check
- Write and publish my fifth Montana Bounty Hunter: Dead Horse, MT, Eli: check
- Complete two editing jobs, one of them a whopper 87,000 words: check
- Annual physical: check
- Start weight loss program (Weight Watchers): check & lost 12 pounds!
- Repaint my bedroom, which is 3/4 done (lots of large furniture to work around): check
All of these accomplishments were part of my 2022 Goals/Resolutions, and since I’m following the plan, so far, I’m feeling pretty good. Maybe it’s the 12 pounds I’ve lost so far, or the terrific sleep I’m getting, I don’t know. I played with insomnia for years, but since I started using a CPAP, I get very deep, natural sleep. And I’ve moved my going to bed time earlier and earlier, from midnight to about 9 p.m. so those 4 or 5 a.m. wakeups simply allow me to get so much more done before the rest of the house wakes up—I consider that a huge win.
Yes, I’m happier, getting healthier, and I hope that will be my 2022 trend!
Hate me yet? 🙂
I’m going to put it out there and see what happens.
For work-related, I plan:
- To publish my short story from the Cowboys anthology as a single short story release, “Hunk of Burning Love.” I’ll have it in Kindle Unlimited sometime next week and offer it FREE for download on this website from the 11th to the 14th—my Valentine’s Day gift to you.
- To write and publish the next Texas Vampires novella, No Tender Mercy. (Have you pre-ordered your copy?!)
- To complete 5 editing projects in February!
- I’ll continue with Weight Watchers and hope to lose another 5 pounds. I’m not pushing it, because I like how I feel. Slow is good!
- I’ll begin some low-impact aerobics, which will include a video workout for old people (I’m not old, and my joints aren’t effed, but I like the low-impact part!), plus, I’ll add some outdoor activities, like pool maintenance and blowing the patio—counting the things I should already be doing to get ready for pool season. All of them burn calories and build muscle. Guess I should count housework, too. Blech.
- I’m going to work on getting my art room better organized, because…
- I’ll be working on the #100DayProject art challenge beginning February 13th! My third year in a row. Can’t wait! The puzzle I have to work out is how I’m going to fit in daily art with everything else I’m doing!
Comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Give me suggestions. Tell me what you’re doing to make yourself happier and healthier. Tell me what you plan to read… Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!