UPDATE: The winner is…Kathleen Bylsma!
I had a very busy January. Big goals and I hit them all.
Some were work-related:
- Revise and publish my Dark Realm-related short story, “After Dark“. check
- Write and publish my fifth Montana Bounty Hunter: Dead Horse, MT, Eli: check
- Complete two editing jobs, one of them a whopper 87,000 words: check
- Annual physical: check
- Start weight loss program (Weight Watchers): check & lost 12 pounds!
- Repaint my bedroom, which is 3/4 done (lots of large furniture to work around): check
All of these accomplishments were part of my 2022 Goals/Resolutions, and since I’m following the plan, so far, I’m feeling pretty good. Maybe it’s the 12 pounds I’ve lost so far, or the terrific sleep I’m getting, I don’t know. I played with insomnia for years, but since I started using a CPAP, I get very deep, natural sleep. And I’ve moved my going to bed time earlier and earlier, from midnight to about 9 p.m. so those 4 or 5 a.m. wakeups simply allow me to get so much more done before the rest of the house wakes up—I consider that a huge win.
Yes, I’m happier, getting healthier, and I hope that will be my 2022 trend!
Hate me yet? 🙂
I’m going to put it out there and see what happens.
For work-related, I plan:
- To publish my short story from the Cowboys anthology as a single short story release, “Hunk of Burning Love.” I’ll have it in Kindle Unlimited sometime next week and offer it FREE for download on this website from the 11th to the 14th—my Valentine’s Day gift to you.
- To write and publish the next Texas Vampires novella, No Tender Mercy. (Have you pre-ordered your copy?!)
- To complete 5 editing projects in February!
- I’ll continue with Weight Watchers and hope to lose another 5 pounds. I’m not pushing it, because I like how I feel. Slow is good!
- I’ll begin some low-impact aerobics, which will include a video workout for old people (I’m not old, and my joints aren’t effed, but I like the low-impact part!), plus, I’ll add some outdoor activities, like pool maintenance and blowing the patio—counting the things I should already be doing to get ready for pool season. All of them burn calories and build muscle. Guess I should count housework, too. Blech.
- I’m going to work on getting my art room better organized, because…
- I’ll be working on the #100DayProject art challenge beginning February 13th! My third year in a row. Can’t wait! The puzzle I have to work out is how I’m going to fit in daily art with everything else I’m doing!
Comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Give me suggestions. Tell me what you’re doing to make yourself happier and healthier. Tell me what you plan to read… Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!
Had back surgery in December
Still trying to get myself going.
Love reading your books
Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the great work. I loved Eli and look forward to Fig’s story.
I’m impressed with you and accomplishing the goals you set for January. I have not been very goal oriented.
If you are working on things book related your Delta Fire books are all in paperback except Book 1 Five Ways ‘til Sunday (Delta Blue Book 1). If you could add it to your things to do and put this in paperback please I would love. Then I can order the entire series in paperback and read them. It’s a series I haven’t read year.
Baby steps, that’s the way to get it accomplished, I know I need to lose weight, and eat healthier, congratulations to you
You’ve been so very busy….and have accomplished much in just this one month. Congratulations on your weight loss…I know from experience it’s not an easy thing to do. I loved reading Eli…he’s a man after my own heart…I’d take him in a heartbeat. Looking forward to the next Bounty Hunter. Just keep up the good work but take some time for you too.
You’ll have fun in water aerobics! And find out you’ve worked out far more than you think you are! 😉
So looking forward to reading these!
Congrats on hitting your goals! Bit by bit I am getting some things accomplished! 😀
You are one busy lady! Congrats on the weight loss. I started an alternate fasting program about 18 months ago and so far so good. The weight loss is slower than anything I’ve ever tried before but at least I’m not gaining! LOL
I know what you mean about housework. It’s never ending.
I’m trying to take a few hours each day to de stress. Otherwise my stress level hits the roof.
I am impressed. I am starting some projects this month as well.
I noticed you said Weight Watchers, I’m glad it works for you, it didn’t for me. I also am going to do video excerises but using 3x3fit.com.
I was so excited when I heard you had finished Eli! I have cleaning out my craft room, too. It is going to be a major task!
Hugs, Delilah! You go! I’m aiming to fit in getting to dance class regularly, and trying to take advantage of good weather to walk.
I loved hearing what your plans are and the encouragement you offered to me!
The winner of the Amazon gift card is…Kathleen Bylsma!