UPDATE: The winner is…Laura!
I’m generally a very cheerful person. I believe in smiles. I remember reading about a study of depressed people who were told to stand in front of a mirror every day and smile at themselves. And weirdly (or maybe not!) their depression improved. I get that. I smile at myself, too. I tell the kids a smile can be a choice. I love finding reasons to smile.
So, here’s a little list of 10 things that make me smile, listed in no particular order. Finding the emojis to correspond with them was so much fun! See? I’m already smiling.
- ☕ First morning coffee with my dd.
- 🧜🏼♀️ Floating in my pool.
- 🍅 Making a Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions.
- 🤝 Holding the little one’s hand.
- 👩🎨 Painting flowers.
- 🏃♀️ Writing an action scene.
- 🌅 Watching the sun set on the ocean.
- 🌸 Fresh flowers in a vase.
- 🍫 A small square of dark chocolate after dinner.
- 📖 Reading a good book with a kitty on my lap.
You know what’s coming next! 😈
For a chance to win your choice of a download of any of my backlist of books, tell me five things that make you smile!