UPDATE: The winner is…Shirley Long!
I start every day the same way. I get up and head straight to the coffee machine to start my first cup while I do other things. Once my teeth are brushed, I head outside to my small outside porch, cup in hand. I check the weather, look at the forest behind the house to see what’s changed, what animals I can see. It’s very peaceful. The ritual centers me. When my dd joins me, it’s even better because we chat about what’s happening that day. Dolly Parton wasn’t wrong when she called coffee a “cup of ambition.” I wouldn’t dare chart my day without it.
So, you know what you’re gonna find in this puzzle, given my morning’s theme. Still, a mental challenge is good for the old gray matter. So, solve the puzzle, then answer my question for a chance to win a download of your choice from my backlist of books!
What is your favorite beverage?
And don’t say just coffee, or tea. Say how you like it.
For me, I love coffee. My absolute favorite version is Turkish coffee. It’s ground as fine as a powder then boiled in water on the stove. When you pour it into the cup, it’s a little thicker than everyday drip coffee, and there’s a sludge of fine grounds that settles to the bottom of the cup. But oh my! With just a little sugar, it gives you that espresso pop without the bitterness. I don’t even mind encountering the sludge. Now, your turn!
Gabbi Grey/Gabbi Black: My Heart is Breaking (Contest) — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Saturday’s Puzzle Contest! — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- April into May (Contest — and more contests!) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Story Cubes: Tell me a story… (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- 10 Things That Make Me Smile (Contest) — Win a FREE book!
- Gabbi Grey: Stanley’s Christmas Redemption (Contest) — Win a gift card!
- Cameron Allie: Somewhere to Belong (Giveaway & Contest–3 Winners!) — There’s a giveaway to everyone! Plus, a contest with 3 winners who get a FREE book!