It’s Sunday—and the beginning of a new month! So, I pull this card before I begin adjusting my plans…
Oh, what does this mean? I do know who the two characters on the card are: Daedalus, who is the father of Icarus and a very clever and talented guy, and King Minos of Crete. See the bulls depicted in the art on the walls behind them? That’s a huge hint at the king’s identity. Now, I’m remembering how these two were entwined in mythology… Daedalus and his son built the labyrinth that housed the minotaur—you remember, the half-bull, half-man? The minotaur was the progeny of Minos’ wife and a bull (not her fault at all—this was Poseidon’s revenge for Minos cheating him of something). The minotaur had a taste for human flesh, so Minos served him men and women every nine years to keep him satisfied.
In the picture, it looks like Daedalus is begging Minos for the gold he’s holding (the six pentacles), but that can’t be right. Minos would have paid him for building that fantastic, huge maze, so maybe this is just how you get paid—on your knees before the king.
What does this mean for me and this week/month? I can hope it means I get paid for my efforts. Good sales, maybe?
I’ll consult the book… Yay! We’re in sync for once. The Mythic Tarot says the Indvidual is “the recipient of another’s generosity.”
Whew, all that to say I have a payday coming up.
- Word Search: Attributes of a book hero… (Contest) — Last day to enter! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Saturday-Puzzle Contest: Fall is here! — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Anna Taylor Sweringen/Michal Scott: Sarah Boone – An Improver Not Just an Innovator (Contest) — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Word Search: Types of Pancakes for National Pancake Day! (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Puzzle-Contest–Let’s Celebrate National Coffee Day! — Win an Amazon gift card!
- September into October (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!