UPDATE: The winner is…flchen1!
I missed posting at the end of the month because 1) I forgot, and 2) I had guests! It’s still the first week of the month, so here goes…
May was challenging for soooooo many reasons. There was all the prep and pageantry related to the 18-year-old’s graduation, and the entire family contracted COVID—something we evaded for over two years! Folks, get your shots and boosters! We’re all recovering, although some slower than others!
Here’s what I managed to accomplish…
- I completed only 2 editing projects for other authors in May!
- I wrote eight chapters of my next book! I had hoped to finish the thing, but considering the alternative… 🙂
- I fell off the Weight Watchers wagon. However, I am maintaining 25-27 pounds of my loss! I’ve been doing this since January, and am committed to going slow, so I do not view this as a failure!
- As to physical activity, the pool finally got warm enough toward the end of the month, but COVID kept me from doing much swimming and impacted my steps.
- I finished the #100DayProject art challenge! I didn’t hit 100 pieces completed, but I did get to 83! Here are the last two pieces I finished…
Here’s me putting this out in the world…
For work-related, I plan:
- To complete and publish Victoria’s Six on June 21st! And this one, I can guarantee will happen!
- To complete and publish Wild Thing in June—something that’s very questionable at the moment!
- To begin work on my next Montana Bounty Hunter story!
- To complete 4 editing projects in June!
For health-related, I plan:
- To get back on the Weight Watchers wagon and hope to lose at least 5 pounds, remembering: Slow is good!
- To swim at least five days out of the week!
- To begin some low-impact aerobics, which will include a video workout, plus, add some outdoor activities, like pool maintenance and blowing the patio. Maybe I’ll do more housework, too. (This is an old goal, but I’ll repeat it. Maybe I’ll actually do it!)
For happiness-related, I plan:
- To continue working on getting my art room better organized.
- To produce something art-related at least once a week! More than that would be hard due to my work schedule!
Solve the puzzle then comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Tell me about any special summer plans or tell me what you plan to read…
Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!
- Anna M. Taylor: M is For the Million Things She Gave Me (Contest) — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Saturday Puzzle-Contest, Plus More Open Contests! — This one ends soon! Win an Amazon gift card!
- Breathing Fire! (Contest) — Win a FREE book!
- Finding the Fun, Country-style! (Contest) — Win an Amazon gift card!
- Gabbi Grey: Ace’s Place and Marcus’s Cadence (Contest & FREE Reads!) — Win an audiobook!
- Lynda Rees: Heart of the Matter (FREE Read!) — Get a FREE story!
oh my i would love a pool to try to swim each day it has been year sincve i had the opportunity.
I wish you a good june month without health complication and a full recovery
Great news all are recovering!
I’m 74 & have had 4 Covid shots 🙏
Love your art & writing goals!!
Go for it!!
glad you are feeling better. keep staying on track with WW.
Nice job for May, in spite of the graduation and flu. Maintaining it good. Good luck with June. You can do it!
No real plans for the summer
Good job on your weight lose, i wish i had that much luck
Congratulations on the graduation
Oh what a nice day to spend in the pool reading a good book. I love your last two pieces to your 100DayProject.
swimming is the best exercise – so much better on the joints! Just be careful of too much direct sun!
Glad that you’re recovering from the Covid. I had it 4 weeks ago after getting thru the first 2 years & yes, I’m agreeing with you on getting the shots & boosters.
Those last two paintings you did are fantastic!! I love the gnome. And the colors of the flowers in the other one are just great.
I am so looking forward to your next Hot Seal story & another Bounty Hunter. I love those guys. Stay well.
Those paintings turned out wonderfully! 😀
Cute puzzle, I am headed to the pool with a book shortly. Have a great day.
I’m reading a lot of mystery/thrillers right now.
I know it’s June but I don’t have any summer plans yet! Yikes!
I moved closer to my daughter to help her out with my grandkids so that will be my main focus this summer. Plus finishing up the necessary projects to get the house I bought repaired and landscaped, which hasn’t been easy. Contractors for most everything are booked out a ways. I am hoping to avoid Covid but it seems to be getting everyone even with shots and boosters. Feel better.
Glad to hear you are all recovering. My family got hit by the flu.
So glad ya’ll are all feeling better. Five members of my family have had Covid for the past week. I was around them prior to them testing positive but I’ve had 2 shots and a booster and I’m feeling fine. NONE of them were vaccinated.
As far as outdoor activities go…….have you tried just walking a little. When I was diagnosed as diabetic I knew I had to do something to keep my A1c down. Well, something other than cutting out sugar. So I started walking. Started out at 5 minutes, just up and down my drive way, Gradually increased it each day and now I’m up to 1 hour which, according to my Fitbit watch, is 3 miles. My Dr says that is plenty and just right for my 71 yr old body. My A1c is 5.7 and I lost 55 lbs over about a year and a half. Still eat Whataburger and Dairy Queen and Mexican food and fried fish, but I am a fanatic about my walking. I did give up my Dr. Pepper, now it’s only Dr. Pepper Zeros, which are pretty good. And I did give up sugar. But walking is what’s done the most good.
Since it’s getting so hot and humid here in deep east Texas, I get up around 6:00 and walk around 6:30 to 7:30. Just me and the little animals. It’s cool, it’s quiet and it’s good for me. So try walking. It’s good for the heart, soul and mind.
No big summer plans here… excited that the kids will be home for at least part of the coming months! Hugs, and hope you’re having a good week!
3:50 I’m glad you’re feeling better and hope you get to enjoy your pool soon. Slow weight loss is good. I’m doing alternate fasting and have plateaued the last few months after losing around 50 lbs. I’m just happy that I’m not gaining anything for the moment. Just joined a gym so I hope that will help break the plateau.
Thanks to everyone who shared!
The winner, chosen by a random number generator, is #16—flchen1!