UPDATE: The winner is…Sandy Pennese!
- I began work on Book #2 of We Are Dead Horse, MT — Hard Knox!
- I completed 4 editing projects for other authors in August.
- I’ve been swimming almost every day. Sometimes, twice a day.
- Through medicines and some diet tweaking, I’ve managed to keep my blood pressure down to 130-150. There’s been an occasional spike, but it’s so much better.
- My appointment with my heart doctor went so well I don’t have to see him again for 6 months!
- I helped get the kids ready for the school year, including the 19-year-old who began college this month! In fact, she made the Pom Squad!
- I have been working on and making more great progress organizing my art room, getting ready for the next push for art shows and reopening my Etsy store. I have accumulated the supplies I need to begin painting in encaustic wax.
- I finished the Inchie Challenge! These are tiny 2×2-inch paintings. Here are a few examples…
For work-related, I plan:
- To complete writing Hard Knox, the next in my We Are Dead Horse, MT series which releases on September 12th!
- To release my short story from Silver Soldiers—“Ripples”—in a special giveaway the first weekend of September!
- To complete (taking a deep breath) 6 editing projects in September! I’ll be a complete zombie by the end of the month!
For health related, I plan:
- To swim at least once a day—as long as the pool remains warm enough!
- To restart counting points for my Weight Watchers diet and hopefully shed at least 5 pounds, remembering, as always: Slow is good!
- To continue to reduce salt, processed food, and incorporate foods good for blood pressure (spinach, broccoli, bananas).
- To begin walking and counting my steps (once the weather cools).
- To do more housework because my art room isn’t finished! Cleaning is exercise, too.
For happiness-related, I plan:
- To spend quality time with the family—movie nights, swim-time, making fun meals together!
- To visit my sister in North Arkansas for a “writers’ retreat.”
- To work on art and jewelry-making to get ready for the Art Festival in October!
Comment on anything you’ve read in this post. Tell me what you’re doing to make yourself happier and healthier. Tell me what you plan to read in September…
Like I said, comment on anything for a chance to win a $5 Amazon gift card!